Frontend Software Engineering Team Lead
Software Engineering Team Lead, Ware2Go
Atlanta, GA | www.ware2go.co
Ware2Go [A UPS Company] makes warehousing, fulfillment, and 1-2 day delivery easy and affordable for businesses of all sizes. We simplify the end-to-end supply chain for merchants through innovative tech solutions and 30+ warehouses around the US. We strategically connect merchants with the right warehouse locations so they can get closer to their customers for faster, shipping at a lower cost.
Ware2Go has grown 700% in the last year and we plan to grow faster in the year to come. This is a great opportunity to step into a high impact role and grow a business that is changing an industry.
Ware2Go is looking for a Frontend Software Engineering Team Lead who is passionate about people growth and organizational development to join our Product Development Team. As a frontend Software Engineering Team Lead, you will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product requirements with Product Managers, and architect and implement technical solutions. In this role, you will build, lead, and grow high performing software engineers to deliver and support applications and services at speed and scale. You will drive innovation in both technology and process and inspire the team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You will write code and bring technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
● Motivate, hire, and develop a high performing, highly engaged team
● Play a critical role in helping to set the goals and direction for team
● Coach and support team members and lead by example
● Develop a culture of continuous improvement and growth
● Work closely with Product Management, UX, and wider Engineering teams to ensure excellent product development
● Own the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
● Hold technical discussions within organization and have strategic influence
● Ensure industry standard development best practices are observed, including accessibility, responsiveness, and privacy compliance
● Ensure the technology stack handles the needs of the product and is flexible enough to scale as requirements change and usage increases
● Ensure the technical feasibility of architecture and UI/UX designs
● Ensure test coverage is being maintained at a specific threshold for all frontend and backend code
● Perform daily activities such as task planning and code reviews
● Contribute technically to projects by developing new user-interface (UI) components and building reusable code, APIs, and libraries for future use.
● 3+ years managing and growing Engineering teams
● Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and project management ability
● Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
● Ability to recruit and develop technical talent, and the technical depth to understand and guide a team through complex technical problems across the system and to inspire and motivate stakeholders to work together
● Experience working in an Agile software development environment
● Committed to diversity, inclusion, and building a safe, inclusive organization
● 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
● Experience with Java 8 or higher (Kotlin preferred)
● Experience with ReactJS (REact Native a plus)
● Experience developing Microservices, DevOps, Test Automation and CI/CD
● Experience working in cloud environments (GCP or AWS), preferably with “cloud-native” architectures
● Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
● Experience designing and building highly scalable, distributed systems
● Experience with unit testing frameworks
● Knowledge of big data and/or stream processing technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kafka Streams, Flink, etc…)
● Understanding of REST based web services
● A passion for clean, high-quality code
● Exhibit software design, coding, and testing best practices
Integrated into our shared values is Ware2Go’s commitment to diversity. Ware2Go is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance
and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Ware2Go has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To all recruitment agencies: Ware2Go only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ware2Go or UPS preferred supplier list. Ware2Go is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.