Backend Senior Software Engineer
Backend Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA | www.ware2go.co
Ware2Go [A UPS Company] makes warehousing, fulfillment, and 1-2 day delivery easy and affordable for businesses of all sizes. We simplify the end-to-end supply chain for merchants through innovative tech solutions and 30+ warehouses around the US. We strategically connect merchants with the right warehouse locations so they can get closer to their customers for faster, shipping at a lower cost.
Ware2Go has grown 700% in the last year and we plan to grow faster in the year to come. This is a great opportunity to step into a high impact role and grow a business that is changing an industry.
Ware2Go is looking for a Backend Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Development Team. As a Sr. Software Engineer you will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product requirements with Product Managers, architect and implement technical solutions, and ensure continued success after deployment. You will lead and participate in design reviews and architecture discussions. You’ll write pragmatic code and strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
● Building reusable code, APIs, and libraries for future use
● Ensuring the technical feasibility of architecture designs
● Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
● Collaboration with Product Analysts, UX Designers, QA, and other Engineers to ensure code and design are in sync
● Review Code written by other engineers
● Serve in a mentor role to team members, while also continuing to learn as a mentee
● Ensure test coverage is being maintained at a specific threshold for all backend code
● Ensure industry standard development best practices are observed, including accessibility, responsiveness, and privacy compliance
● Keeping up with the latest backend technologies in the industry
● 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
● Proven experience with Java 8 or higher (Kotlin preferred)
● Experience developing Microservices, DevOps, Test Automation and CI/CD
● Experience with Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL
● Experience designing and building highly scalable, distributed systems
● Extensive experience with JVM based applications (including concurrency and multi-threading) and/or Node.js based applications
● Deep understanding of REST based web services
● Experience working in cloud environments (GCP or AWS), preferably with “cloud-native” architectures
● A willingness and ability to help mentor junior and mid-level team members
● A passion for clean, high-quality code
● An interest in continuous learning, expanding technical knowledge, and the good judgment to know when and when not to introduce new technologies
● Knowledge of one or more distributed messaging systems (Kafka preferred)
● Knowledge of big data and/or stream processing technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kafka Streams, Flink, etc…)
Integrated into our shared values is Ware2Go’s commitment to diversity. Ware2Go is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Ware2Go has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To all recruitment agencies: Ware2Go only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ware2Go or UPS preferred supplier list. Ware2Go is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.