Website Slalom Consulting
Software Engineer – Slalom_build
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Over 1000 builders strong in 10 Build Centers across North America and Australia, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016-2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in over 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia.
Who You Are
You are a passionate, self-driven problem solver who loves taking on new challenges using the latest web, mobile and cloud technologies. You love coding and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility and consistency. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments.
- Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment
- Work on a wide range of projects for the world’s top companies
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with a highly skilled team
- Get the benefits of a consulting environment while remaining connected to a core team
- Build hands-on experience with the latest technologies and delivery methodologies
- Work in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams
- Experience developing in one or more of the following languages:
- JVM stack: such as Java or Scala
- .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET or .NET Core
- Mobile Applications – Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Hybrid (Xamarin, Ionic, etc.)
- Experience developing multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools
- Passionate about crafting and delivering high quality products that meet customer needs
- Invested in ongoing learning and improving technical expertise
- Strong problem-solving and software triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Knowledge of QA processes and test-driven development
- Displays personal and corporate integrity
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Have developed (either personally or professionally) a mobile app
- Familiar with relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) databases
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.