Building Technology Systems Engineer
The department of Enterprise Services develops and deploys the tools and services to continuously transform the workforce’s experience with technology. The role of Building Technology Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining and further developing building technology solutions through the full system life cycle of various Norfolk Southern properties. Tasks include implementing building system support workflows, executing day two building automation roadmap, and collaborating with IT architects and security teams to verify system designs. This position is also responsible for organizing building technology data points to produce meaningful system reports. The engineer will report to the Manager of Building Technology Systems.
- Maintain the application, software and systems for campus technology. Tasks includes coordinating with the designers, system integrators, maintenance providers, business partners and other Information Technology groups for business functionality and integration.
- Serves as a thought leader in establishing operational strategies and an in-house approach to building systems and smart unit technologies.
- Maintain close liaison with stakeholders to identify system needs, capture specifications, and deliver building systems that meet agreed upon requirements.
- Assess and review hardware or software solutions to ensure requirements are being met and that sound technical and secure solutions are achieved.
- Ensure solutions are routinely updated and compliant with approved corporate policies, departmental standards, and procedures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technology partners to develop and maintain solutions roadmap.
- Review submittals, code requirements, and develop testing plans.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all building technology systems.
- Perform system verification and commissioning in coordination with 3rd party vendors.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 10-15 years
Preferred Level: 15-20 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor’s Degree (BS)
Preferred Majors: Engineering or related fields
Licenses / Certifications:
Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth experience in the field of BAS/BMS/Buildings DT and communication protocols such as BACnet, LON, and Modbus
- Knowledge of parking management system hardware and software commissioning
- Knowledge of building systems including lighting management systems (Lutron, Pharos, Nlight) and HVAC systems
- Understanding of smart building best practices for IOT, Cloud integration, Security Standards and Process
- Experience with wayfinding and BLE system design
- Knowledge of identity and visitor management systems
- Experience with workplace management systems and ServiceNow integration
- Understanding of mobile application development lifecycle and agile methodology
- Knowledge of CCURE or equivalent security system and Victor unified video
- Exposure to networking for building systems like CCTC, HVAC Control, DAS etc.
- Understanding of the impact building technology has on employee experience, building system efficiency, energy consumption, and operating cost
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org