Director Global Infrastructure
A global leader in industrial packaging products
Greif would like to hire a strong candidate from out WIT community!!!
Director Global Infrastructure
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
The Director, Global Infrastructure position is responsible for defining, managing and providing strategic direction for Greif’s global IT Infrastructure functions across Greif’s global environment. Candidates for this position should have depth of experience in a global IT environment, legacy and emerging infrastructure technologies, data center applications, network administration and engineering, client environment engineering and associated support models. Candidate’s technical experience should include a solid background in ITIL and a proven track record of global team leadership.
The role is part of a global IT leadership team and therefore is expected to positively impact the overall delivery of information technology services as part of the technology team’s mission.
- Provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the Company’s requirements and expectations.
- Maintain and update company Infrastructure architecture documentation with input provided from global application and support teams
- Lead global, strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the Company’s enterprise infrastructure, including but not limited to 24×7 data center infrastructure management and evolution, mobility and remote access services, ubiquitous wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, active directory multi-forest integration, dual-carrier global WAN, software-defined internetworking, and innovative end user computing solutions, with heavy focus on security and innovation
- Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of global Infrastructure team.
- Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
- Lead a talented team of infrastructure engineering and administration professionals who with others define, manage and support the entire global infrastructure operations.
- Plan: 1) Future skill requirements, 2) Skill development strategies and resources, 3) Personnel levels based on project and operational demands, and 4) In coordination with senior Infra managers, professional and personal development for all members of Infra team.
- Motivate, organize, mentor, and manage Infra teams with direct reports in both AMER and EMEA regions
- Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts.
- Analyze technology trends and develop infrastructure strategy, architecture, and delivery processes designed for agility and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, balancing a mix of resources, due dates and requirements.
- Develop and foster effective relationships with operating company personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- 7+ years related experience required managing and/or directing large IT Infrastructure teams
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional teams located throughout the globe
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute plans to achieve objectives.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture of computer systems as well as exposure to a variety of platforms such as operating systems, networks, databases and ERP systems.
- Understanding of IT control frameworks and standards such as COBIT
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, displays professionalism and integrity.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, be proactive and detail oriented.
- Experience working in an international environment is required
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.