SEO(Search Engine Optimization) Specialist
This role provides an opportunity for a digital professional with an SEO and writing background to help grow a content production team and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As SEO Specialist, this employee will partner with their manager, editors, writers and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to build and execute an SEO and site content strategy and drive search engine rankings, click-throughs and traffic.
SEO & Content Strategy
· Lead SEO strategy development in collaboration with site, product and content leadership
· Collaborate with the content team to build and refine the content strategy
· Work with other team members to develop tactics and plans for internal site architecture enhancements, internal link-building, and indexation and crawling enhancements
· Evaluate cross site/brand SEO and collaborate with leaders on digital strategy
SEO & Content Production
· Use enterprise SEO tools to make recommendations for content and site-wide improvements
· Perform keyword research and analyze data to help inform suggestions for new content creation
· Recommend content improvements and work with content and product teams to implement
· Review and approve SEO efficiency of all original content before launch
· Partner with technical SEO on regular reviews of the site
· Partner with analytics & site leadership to evaluate SEO performance & recommend optimizations
· Partner with technical operations to build SEO monitoring process and to review results
Develop subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate project and issue status
· Assist in developing best practices for content and technical SEO and for content production
· Serve as a liaison with software engineers, developers and others in technology and product to launch new efforts or resolve challenges
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Computer Science, Digital Media) is preferred, but 5 or more years of relevant work experience in SEO is acceptable.
Proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation.
Experience with keyword search, ranking, analysis tools and link building.
Experience with SEO & Analytics tools: Google Analytics + Search Console, Brightedge, SEMRush
Knowledge and experience with technical aspects of SEO from optimal site architecture to proper coding of HTML and CSS to indexes and algorithms.
Have or develop a strong working knowledge of analytic tools such as Google Analytics,
Experience working in content management systems (CMS).
Knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes
Working knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
Excellent project management, communication and collaboration skills
Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
Experience working with multi-language web sites
Experience / interest in cars or the automotive aftermarket is a plus