Product Manager – Product Discovery
Website Genuine Auto Parts Company Genuine Auto Parts Company
Genuine Auto Parts Company
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional to play a critical role in helping to grow the global digital business within the Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Based in Atlanta, this person will be a member of the Digital Channel Management team and will play a key role in the Automotive Parts Group’s digital team.
The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for product strategy and execution to improve the customer experience and drive revenue across key customer facing digital properties by improving the search and product discovery experience as well as leading the development the search experience that is leveraged by all store associates. The position will collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts, developers and vendor partners to establish business and technical requirements and drive them through successful and on-time delivery of functionality/optimizations.
· Partner with product stakeholders and other leaders on product strategy and execution.
· Partner with stakeholders to continually prioritize and refine the product backlog.
· Drive prioritized optimizations and new features through the agile/scrum process.
· Drive the product discovery process and effectively communicate business requirements.
· Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPI’s and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
· Analyze issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause and determine solutions to address.
· Support and provide direction to business analysts in determining the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality. Ensure the team documents requirements of sufficient quality.
· Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
• Create specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, product management, UX, Design IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to develop requirements.
• Perform acceptance testing of optimizations and new features to ensure requirements have been fulfilled.
• Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of the team.
• Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels.
• Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications and functionality.
• Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
• Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers, and industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, CS – Software Engineering, Mathematics, Marketing or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• 5+ years of e-commerce, search, or other digital marketing or technology delivery experience performing business analysis, functional requirements analysis, and product roadmap planning.
• Experience in scrum/agile development methodology.
• Experience managing a product backlog.
• Experience with web analytics tools and using data to make decisions.
• Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
• Experience with ecommerce businesses and the high-level processes and technologies involved including e-commerce platforms, web content management, product content management tools, a/b testing tools, and web site traffic analytics platforms and tools.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management and staff.
• Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks.
• Comfortable working with minimal supervision and being a leader of cross-functional teams.
• Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to groups of varying size.
• Experience or familiarity with ecommerce platforms (Hybris a plus).
Automotive or Industrial industry experience is a pl
To apply for this job email your details to Audria_McMullins@genpt.com