DIRECTOR APPLICATION SECURITY AND TESTING COE
Let’s get right to it – work is better when it means something to you; when you know you’re making a difference and contributing in tangible ways. And most importantly, when you’re with a company that values your voice, your time and your talent.
At Cox Communications, we’ve got just such an opportunity. We’re searching for someone to join our cybersecurity team as Director, Application Security and Testing . If you’re ready to dive into intriguing work and discover multiple avenues for career development, keep reading and apply today.
What’s In It For You?
At Cox, our people come first…and that’s not just a company line. Here’s a peek at our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone…including you!
Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you’ll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program. · At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets (up to $374 value per month).
Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as rich and diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
What You’ll Do
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Cybersecurity, you’ll lead a team of specialists in evaluating the security of in-house or third-party software and devices. Your testing will be completed across all enterprise applications, products and network devices depending on criticality and risk. Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing the assessments pipeline.
- Reviewing assessment reports and providing readouts to leadership.
- Identifying and implementing new opportunities to improve security testing.
- Developing new methods to prevent security vulnerabilities in code and detecting/remediating security vulnerabilities earlier in the development cycle.
Managing the configuration and making decisions on the use of the following:
- Static source code analysis tools.
- Dynamic application security tools.
- Manual penetration testing resources.
- Providing weekly metrics on assessments completed, vulnerabilities found and business impact.
- Developing security testing standards.
- Conducting research and development of new security tools to enhance and protect end customer experience.
- Providing communication on relevant external security trends or events.
- Performing project management and change management duties
- Performing critical analysis and developing executive decision support content.
- Translating business agendas into technology terms and vice versa.
Who You Are
You’ve got sharp business acumen. A true triple-threat, your skills cover general business, technology and security competencies. You have a passion for seeing things through to the finish. You also have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline with 10+ years of experience in a related field, OR a MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 8+ years of experience in a related field, OR a Ph.D. in a related discipline with 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a management or lead role.
- Direct experience managing program build and team leadership.
- Experience creating executive level presentations.
- Experience creating business cases to obtain funding and resource approval.
- Experience with information security technologies.
- The ability to coordinate multiple teams in accomplishing process review and improvement.
- Experience utilizing Jenkins for builds and deployment.
- Experience with security testing tools such as Veracode, Fortify, Burp Suite and Qualys.
- Familiarity with service orientated architecture governance and application programming interface management concepts and implementations.
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure deployments and associated services.
- 2+ years of experience developing in Java 7, Java 8 and/or PowerShell.
- Experience with enterprise single sign-on and familiarity with OAuth, SAML or WS-Federation protocols.
- Experience with cloud-based or software as a service security solutions.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/cable industry experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA.
Secure your future with us. Apply Today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.