APPLICATION SECURITY AND TESTING COE SENIOR CONSULTANT
This hybrid position will report to the Director Application security and Testing CoE and can be based in any of the following locations: Atlanta, GA, Phoenix, AZ, Northern Virginia. There may be occasional travel to a Cox office required for the role and/or the need to be in the office 4 times per year.
You’ve got skills, and you don’t want to take them just anywhere. You want to work for a company that truly respects what you bring to the table.
At Cox Communications, we fit that bill. We’re looking for a Senior Consultant, Application Security and Testing to take great strides right along with us as we pave the way for the next generation. If great work-life balance, wonderful benefits and an inclusive culture resonate with you, keep reading! We may be a great fit.
What’s In It For You?
Cox would be nothing without its people, and we take care of them first. Here’s a peak at our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone…including you!
Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you’ll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program. · At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets (up to $374 value per month).
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
- And that’s not all! Cox supplies myriad ways to choose what’s best for you and your family. Our benefits packages are designed to support your unique needs for health and happiness.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of Application Security and Testing, you’ll evaluate the security of in-house or third-party software and devices across the business. In a nutshell, we want you to try to break what we’ve got so we can make it more unbreakable. Sounds fun, right? Other responsibilities include:
- Managing the assessment pipeline and development team expectations.
- Reviewing assessment reports.
- Identifying and implementing new opportunities to improve the efficiency of security testing.
- Developing new methods to prevent security vulnerabilities and tracking the remediation of those found.
- Engaging with teams across technology.
- Managing configuration and making decisions on the use of: Static source code analysis tools; Dynamic application security tools; Manual penetration testing resources.
- Providing weekly metrics on assessments completed and vulnerabilities found.
- Developing security testing standards.
- Conducting research and developing new security tools and technologies.
Who You Are
You’ve got strong tech acumen and equal parts tech and security skills. You can work solo as well as collaboratively. Cybersecurity is a passion of yours. You also have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in application security and testing or development across multiple domains of information security.
- Direct experience in application security or testing of applications or devices.
- Experience utilizing Jenkins for builds and deployment.
- Experience with security testing tools such as Veracode, Fortify, Burp Suite and Qualys.
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure deployments and associated services.
- 2+ years experience developing in Java 7, Java 8 and/or PowerShell.
- Experience with enterprise single sign-on and familiarity with OAuth, SAML or WS-Federation protocols.
- Experience with cloud-based or software as a service security solutions.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/cable industry experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, Georgia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.