DIRECTOR, SALES – COX BUSINESS
The Cox Business Director of Sales is responsible for the implementation of the sales strategy and the successful leadership of the sales management team to the achievement the Company’s overall financial objectives.
The position works in an office setting with executive-level, customer visits. The role is part of a budget-driven, sales organization; pressure to meet ambitious sales goals and will involves people management and complexity. Use of personal or company car to travel to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include leadership, planning, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
- Ensures the effective leadership of the sales management team to achieve the organization’s financial objectives.
- Analyzes the productivity of the overall sales organization and recommends adjustments to staffing, quotas, commissions and resources in order to maximize results.
- Conducts reviews of direct reports to ensure performance standards are met and, if not, takes immediate action to improve performance level.
- Hires Sales Managers with the abilities required to lead the achievement of sales and other business goals
- Coaches, develops and manages Sales Managers to improve individual and team performance and capability.
- Collaborates with local Human Resource coordinator and Cox Business Services Atlanta to ensure the personnel and training needs of the sales team are met.
- Develops tactical plans for base protection, competitive threats, growth, and market development.
- Approves and coordinates sales accounts and territory agreements.
- Oversees channel strategies of direct reports, ensures an appropriate balance of channel relationships, and implements corporate programs and policies for new channels.
- Collaborates with Finance, Marketing and Engineering or others as required in the annual budgeting process.
- Recommends sales quotas, compensation plan adjustments and management targets that will meet or exceed budgeted sales objectives.
- Develops, manages and monitors the Department’s Sales and Retention Plans. Takes proactive measures to keep the Sales Department on plan. Reacts quickly with corrective action when sales are not meeting expectations.
- Develops programs, campaigns, policies and resources in order to maximize the efficiency of the sales organization and the productivity of each sales channel.
- Partners with Marketing, Operations, Installation, Finance, Construction and Engineering in a matrix environment to ensure that strategies and processes are aligned. Works with counterparts at corporate and Residential as required Ensuring the system is selling in alignment with corporate/regional sales strategies.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the system, across systems, and with corporate/regional staffs. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Leads sales team meetings to communicate progress toward sales targets and changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Develops appropriate tracking metrics and provides regular sales reports on the performance of the sales organization. Maintains regular (pipeline) reports in order to determine that there are sufficient sales opportunities at all stages of the sales cycle to achieve budgeted sales targets.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of business cases for capital investment, based on the return on investment, for opportunities rolled up by his management team. Reviews commission policies, reports and payments as required.
Controls expenses and maximizes capital investments while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing product margin. Remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, cloud and video products and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultative sales skills, and sales management and negotiation skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- BA/BS Degree with 10+ years of field experience achieving objectives and quotas OR MS Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. with 5+ years of relevant experience or 14+ years of relevant experience with no degree.
- Five years of leadership experience.
- Strategic visionary experience and aptitude for change management.
- Requires work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office and SalesForce.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales organization, business sales skills, coaches and develops, demonstrates business acumen, high impact communication, continuous learning, marshaling resources, promotes accountability, PC skills, and setting sales unit strategy, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- 5+ years of successful experience in sales management demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities including enterprise and small/medium business experience or equivalent.
- Experience in telecommunications and Cloud services industry desired
- Knowledge of and business relationships in the market or experience in quickly building relationships in market
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
JOB LEVEL: Director/Senior Director
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: 401 N 117th St, Omaha, Nebraska
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.