SENIOR CYBERSECURITY ARCHITECT- COX COMMUNICATIONS
When you mix together traits like experimentation-driven, results-oriented, and customer-focused, you get a mighty powerful combo. Add in the ability to influence others, and you’ve got yourself the makings of a Cox Communications Senior Cybersecurity Architect .
This is a chance to transform the way Cybersecurity interacts with Technology teams. It’s a job that requires technical leadership and the ability to bridge organizational boundaries to achieve cutting-edge architectures with security built in. You’ll report to the Senior Director of Cybersecurity Architecture, Cloud Security, and DevSecOps and be responsible for defining and socializing reference architectures, standards, and controls across technology on-premises, in the cloud, and within development processes.
If you’re looking for this kind of challenge, keep reading. We’ll tell you more about what you’ll do, and what experience you’ll need to have, as well as what you can expect from us.
What You’ll Do
Here are some of the primary tasks you’ll tackle:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching not only to cybersecurity team members, but also to infrastructure, engineering, development, and business teams.
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity reference architectures for consumption by technical and project teams.
- Socialize cybersecurity reference architectures and provide guidance to ensure adherence to approved designs.
- Formally develop and uphold cybersecurity team policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with technology and business teams to fully understand business priorities and promote cybersecurity by design.
- Support cost/risk tradeoff discussions with technical and business teams, helping to decide how important, and at what cost, cybersecurity requirements can be justified.
- Negotiate cybersecurity deliverables and requirements with technical teams and vendors.
- Identify opportunities for improving cybersecurity operations, solutions, and services then work with the team to drive change.
- Work with vendors and maintain relationships.
- Remain current with new cybersecurity trends, threats, and disruptive solutions and make recommendations to leadership.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
We want you to feel cared for and respected and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services (in specific Cox markets), tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have access to opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will sharpen your skills and challenge you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
As you’ve seen, this job requires someone who is at the top of their cybersecurity game. Because it’s such a critical role, there are more than a few requirements that will assure you’re on track for this opportunity:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT or a related field and a minimum of 6 years of experience in cybersecurity or related field, OR Masters of Science in a related discipline and 4 years of relevant experience, OR PhD and 1 year of relevant experience; OR 18 years’ experience in a related field
- Deep experience in 1-2 cybersecurity domains such as application security, data protection, cloud security, network security, IT risk, security operations, identity and access management, DevSecOps, etc.
- Proven background in cybersecurity design, implementation, and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to align cybersecurity requirements, threats, and vulnerabilities and then assess risk, quantify impact, and prioritize remediation.
- Experience with cloud computing environments including software-, infrastructure-, and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments.
- Skilled at simplifying complex problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flexible and collaborative to develop consensus among cross-functional teams on key cybersecurity risks as well as influence the decision-making process.
- Proficient critical thinking and analytical skills needed to bring successful resolution to high-impact and complex problems.
- Ability to understand and apply the context of systems and their role in the larger ecosystem.
- Experience creating and maintaining architectural diagrams (infrastructure, data flow, etc.).
- Experience conducting threat model exercises.
- Experience leading process improvement efforts from concept to implementation.
- Understanding of containers and enterprise container orchestration.
- Understanding of security automation within DevOps and CI/CD processes including vulnerability identification and management.
- At least one relevant cybersecurity certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
- Other relevant certifications – AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, Georgia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.