AVP & GENERAL MANAGER, COX EDGE (Job Number: R202321203)
We are on the cusp of a generational shift in how we experience the internet. Rather than an internet that you must hop onto, we will have experiences that surround us. The shape and architecture of the internet is about to change to meet these new experiences that will form from digitalizing the physical world. Imagine being the person who has the job that enables it all to happen. If you’re looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, it’s time to learn more about Cox Edge. The future of the cloud is a low latency edge, and Cox Edge is a low latency, full-stack cloud agnostic compute infrastructure.
This is an executive level position for highly motivated, achievement-driven professionals, leading a innovative new venture within Cox Communication’s New Growth portfolio. As an AVP & General Manager , you’ll have P&L responsibilities of this growing venture.
If you’re feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for the leadership of strategic and operational aspects of the venture. The successful candidate will be a business executive with strong decision-making and leadership skills. This person must have the ability to navigate and influence within an entrepreneurial culture, a diverse group, and a rapidly growing organization. You will work very closely with Cox Communication’s leadership team to shape, define, communicate, and execute the strategic vision of CoxEdge. Drive a compelling product roadmap, identifying and pursuing business development opportunities in the most disruptive and promising areas for expansion. You will gather customer needs and develop the industry insight required to lead the development of new offerings and ensure they succeed. Your work will be critical to ensuring that the business hits its growth milestones in years to come in order to receive needed additional growth funding. From cloud solutions and managed services, you’ll work with a robust portfolio. You’ll drive go-to-market activities, negotiate deals/pricing, products, and promos, create and deliver product presentations, and hit your sales goals out of the proverbial park.
The leader in this role will drive discipline, uniformity, and expansion of the platform’s capabilities and client base. She or he will ensure accountability across the organization, proactively develop and guide company strategy, protect and enhance the culture, ensure sales growth and customer satisfaction, and proactively build and leverage matrix relationships. She or he will have an established reputation and demonstrated success in cloud technology, specifically Data Centers, Edge Computing, or Content Delivery Networks.
Your to-do list:
Provide strategic leadership.
- Own the P&L, including hitting revenue growth and operating efficiency targets.
- Continually transform and expand the business looking for product market fit.
- Lead by example and collaborate with the Cox Edge senior team to execute our strategic plan, evolve the business, serve customers with excellence, and achieve the full potential as an industry-leading Edge Computing platform with international presence.
- Act and function as the chief salesmen and spokesperson, representing Cox Edge at external conferences and forums, and to media and analysts.
- Partner with COEs and complementary teams across the parent organization to force-multiply capabilities, harness core differentiators, and unlock new potential.
Develop and maintain operational excellence.
- Champion innovation and the product and enablement roadmaps to solve critical industry challenges, ensure product-market fit, expand differentiation, and drive demand.
- Specify, build business cases for, and oversee technical, operational, procedural, and organizational investments and transformations in accordance with the strategic blueprint.
- Lead the team to ensure that the business stays in compliance with key industry and company InfoSec standards and certifications.
- Evaluate operations for ongoing best practices, evaluation and improvement of processes, systems, and technologies.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics, establish the infrastructure to achieve rapid but fiscally responsible scalability, relying on data and analytics to support the company vision.
- Be responsible for executing the talent plan, including increasing the breadth and depth of roles dedicated to serving the business and its customers.
- Build and nurture a collaborative, caring, results-oriented, inclusive, and fun corporate culture, that deeply cares for Cox Edge’s employees, customers, business partners, and communities.
- Focuses on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important sales accounts.
- Create, qualify, and close sales opportunities based on sales metrics, which include customer fit and success criteria.
- Establish credibility with the senior management team, business partners and stakeholders driving operational excellence, accountability, and improvements across the organization.
What’s In It for You?
At Cox Edge, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent incentive compensation rewarding strong performance) , 401(k) with a generous company match , comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions and you – yes, you – as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Edge strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable while doing it.
Who You Are
You’re known for your ambition and grit- you have a strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and colleagues alike. You’re quick on your feet with ideas and solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. You’ve got a proven track record in leadership and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts meaningful relationships first.
- Strategic skills: Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Comprehends the big picture.
- Resourcefulness/Initiative: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer.”
- Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems and opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth.
- Change leadership: Actively intervenes to create and energize positive change. Leads by example.
- Growth Environment: Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth setting.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 14 years of relevant experience; or a master’s degree plus 12 years of experience; or a PhD And 9 years of experience is required. At least 18 years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- At least 7 years of experience in a leadership/general management role is required.
- 4+ years of full P&L responsibility.
- Relevant Cloud or High-Tech industry expertise and relationships, and established industry credibility.
- Demonstrated success in a senior-level role (potentially as GM/CEO, head of sales, head of tech, or head of product) at a tech platform company.
- Track record of scaling a technology platform company, with demonstrated industry credibility.
- A command of business metrics and their implications; ability to drive crisp and clear decisions and recommendations drawing from various data points, stakeholder perspectives, and considerations.
- Demonstrated success as a senior team member leading through high growth, complex business transformation, and/or performance turnaround.
- Expert and motivational communicator and storyteller.
- Responsibility for leading and developing a cross-functional and growing organization.
- Genuine dedication to employees, team members and customers, and to achieving and maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
- Experience in Cloud preferred, specifically Data Centers, Edge Computing, or hyperscalers.
- Understanding for selling, Cloud, Colocation, Telecommunications, interconnection, and other related services.
- A combination of strategic vision for market as well as proven tactical delivery and execution skills
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining industry and professional relationships; prefer ‘C’ level engagement.
- This position requires exemplary verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills and ability to articulate value proposition.
- Willingness to Travel is required
- MBA, JD, CPA or equivalent
- Experience in venture/entrepreneur, consulting, or investment banking
- 5 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience with managed cloud services, CDN, technology infrastructure or other integrated solutions (XaaS)
- Experience in telecommunications industry
To Demonstrate the Value, We Place in Our Employees, We Offer
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource.
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition reimbursement
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Strategy & Corporate Development
JOB LEVEL: Executive
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, Georgia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.