Senior Scrum Master
The Coca-Cola Company
ROLE LOCATION: As a global team, we aim to have associates be able to work from anywhere. However, there may be some situations where relocation will be required. The location of the positions and whether or not relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply. All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum and Agile. The Scrum Master does this by helping everyone understand Scrum / Agile theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
The Scrum Master guides the team and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers; Guide on how to get the most of out of self-organization; Guide on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks; Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization; Remove the impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment; Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving; Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work; Facilitate the discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information; Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog; Provide the support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible.
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Understanding and practicing agility.
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
- Assisting the product organization refine the user stories to make sure they are constructed with all the required information.
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products.
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Facilitating all team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up / Scrum, Grooming Session, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review / Demo, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption.
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization.
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development.
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team.
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Technical Degree or related work experience.
- Significant experience in an Information Technology / Software Development organization.
- Significant experience with Agile development processes.
- Experience doing release planning and milestone planning (based on the velocity).
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM).
- 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE