The Coca-Cola Company
ROLE LOCATION: As a global team, we aim to have associates be able to work from anywhere. However, there may be some situations where relocation will be required. The location of the positions and whether or not relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply. All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
The Coca-Cola Research to Experimentation Package-less Solutions Engineering Team is seeking a Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Lead. This position will lead a team of both internal and external CADD Designers to ensure that all design work is documented to set standards and is managed in an efficient manner.
The scope of this role will be accountable for training of CADD design personnel and continuous improvement of CADD design skills. This position will work closely with the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Windchill teams to ensure that all Design work meets the requirements of the Coca-Cola Package-less Solutions Engineering organization.
- Manage a team of onsite CADD resources working directly for Coca-Cola (permanent and contract). Set priorities for this team. Establish appropriate training methods for this team. Advise on resource planning routines to ensure the CADD team can flex with project needs.
- Guide non-Coca-Cola (contractor) CADD resources to ensure they are providing high quality work that meets standards.
- Work closely with the Windchill Systems team to support seamless integration of CADD work output (3D models, 2D Drawings, reference documentation, etc.) into the Windchill PLM system.
- This is a Working Leader role, expectations are that 60% of the workload will be performing CADD work
Troubleshoot CAD issues and establish best practice.
- For any permanent employees as direct reports, perform personnel management duties including Performance and Development Processes of The Coca-Cola Company
- Proven mastery in PTC’s Creo 2.0 or higher. Expectation is for 10+ years of experience using CADD as a primary tool to design new products. There is an absolute minimum of 2 years of current and continuous experience using Creo.
- Minimum of 10 years of working in new product design with experience in:
- Cabling & Harness (tubing/piping and/or electrical)
- Plastics (Injection Molded, Thermoformed, and Blow Molding)
- Metals (Sheet Metals, Weldments, Castings)
- BOM Management
- Tooling experience is Highly Preferred
- Experience working with parametrically driven CADD systems and demonstrated ability to develop methods to use parametric to drive efficiency in CADD design work
- Proven experience creating CADD design standards, including approval, implementation, and enforcement of those standards
- Proven ability to troubleshoot CADD design work to resolve issues
- Proven experience with checking and correcting CADD design work of others
- Experience in Engineering Change management processes
- Strong preference for experience in Tooling and Manufacturing, as it relates to CADD documentation. Ability to work with Tooling and/or Manufacturing suppliers is a plus.
- Managing Others: Objective Setting, Performance Tracking and Reporting, Development
- Strong Communication Skills, with ability to find and establish connections with key stakeholders both within and external to Coca-Cola Freestyle.
- Effective Problem solving
- Associates, Bachelor’s degree, or coursework completed in a technical field is a plus, but proven experience with the Requirements and Skills for this position is the only educational requirement.
- 15+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate with the System, Customers, and Key Stakeholders
- Develop Self and Others
- Act Like an Owner