STORAGE ENGINEER- COX ENTERPRISES
The Storage Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining the enterprise storage environment. A strong team player, the Storage Engineer uses best-practice methods and procedures to ensure that the storage area network, storage arrays, backup and replication platforms are supported and administered to meet or exceed the needs of the business. The role requires close collaboration with other team members and customers to implement and support solutions that require enterprise storage services.
- Maintain and support enterprise storage and backup solutions and resources.
- Assist in performing storage related upgrades and applying patches needed to ensure a healthy and supportable infrastructure.
- Follow established processes to ensure that issues are resolved, and work is performed according to operational standards.
- Assist customers and colleagues in deploying storage solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
- Document and diagram storage related implementations and utilization.
- Continually maintain and increase knowledge and proficiency of storage networks, systems and data protection related technologies.
- Support team members, architects, and managers in developing design, planning and cost proposals that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and collaborate with team members, colleagues, consultants, and vendors to resolve errors and issues that occur in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot and assist others with root cause analysis and reporting.
- Assist as a technical resource assigned to a project or group of projects.
- Provide on-call support of storage systems, as needed by the business, to 24×7 critical infrastructure operations.
- Other duties as required and/or requested by management.
Job Qualifications – Experience/Education/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience implementing, and managing enterprise storage networks and backup systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of the storage area networks and backup systems, especially NetApp, Cohesity, and public cloud storage.
- Hands-on familiarity with the evolving trends regarding enterprise data storage, management, protection and optimization
- Experience implementing, administering, supporting and protecting enterprise data in virtualized hardware environments
- Demonstrable experience with RAID, TCP/IP, NFS, SAMBA/CIFS, LVM
- Experience implementing, administering, supporting, managing, and protecting storage devices for Oracle RAC/ASM, Microsoft SQL Server, and “Big Data” applications
- Technical documentation skills, including the use of Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Applicable industry recognized certification, such as EMCISA and NCDA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Ability to work effectively within time constraints and manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and understand problems/issues and develop solutions.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering / Product Development
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
DIVISION: Cox Enterprises
LOCATION: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, Georgia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.