SENIOR CYBERSECURITY ARCHITECT
You’re on the forefront of information security. You know all about privacy requirements and standards. You crave the opportunity to work with cutting-edge tech and some of the best minds in the biz.
Does all this ring true for you? If so, you might just be the newest Senior Security Consultant for Cox Communications. Keep reading and apply today!
What’s In It For You?
At Cox, our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture reflect our dedication to the people who make us what we are. Here are some examples of what’s in store for you:
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone…including you!
- Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you’ll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets (up to $374 value per month).
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
It doesn’t end there, either. Our benefits are as diverse as our employees at Cox, giving you the freedom to choose what works best for you and your family.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work with multi-talented teams and provide guidance on security and privacy measures. From start to finish, you’ll ensure that our security architecture is up to snuff. Other responsibilities include:
- Promoting security and privacy as a business enabler through effective partnership with product, strategy and engineering teams.
- Working closely with project teams to fully understand business priorities and strategy.
- Reviewing solution designs and identifying opportunities for security integration.
- Assigning risk-based security and privacy requirements to project teams.
- Ensuring solutions are secure through participation in all phases of the lifecycle.
- Working with project teams to identify and mitigate security and privacy risks.
- Leading cost-risk tradeoff discussions with the project teams, helping to decide how important and at what increased cost each security requirement can be justifiably implemented.
- Influencing product selection and negotiating security and privacy requirements with teams and vendors.
- Establishing functional goals for improving security and privacy operations.
Who You Are
You have a passion for information security. You have a versatile background in general business, technology and security. You’re a critical thinking with an analytical mind. You also have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline with 6+ years of experience in a related field (Security Architecture) or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 4+ years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 1+ year of experience in a related field
- Experience working in security architecture, operations, design or development.
- Strong experience across multiple security domains relative to data protection, IT risk, network security, application security, security operations and identity and access management.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Working knowledge of remote access technologies and implementation best practices. Knowledge of security operations including change management, incident management, configuration management and vulnerability management.
- The ability to manage multiple engagements and prioritize workload.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 8+ years of experience working in security architecture, operations, design or development.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
- Knowledge of IT and security frameworks, such as NIST or CIS.
- Experience with public cloud security architecture and solutions.
- Experience with container security architecture and solutions.
- Experience with integrating security with agile development teams.
- Ready to start a career with a company who cares about your future?
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
Virginia Beach VA
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.