SALES MANAGER – COX BUSINESS
What qualities define good leadership? At Cox Business, we believe a good leader is self-aware, ethical and civic-minded. They prioritize the personal development of those in their charge, encouraging strategic thinking, innovation and action. They are authentic and open-minded. It never hurts to be overflowing with charisma, either.
If it sounds like were talking about you, we may just want you as our next Manager, Sales to support small and medium-sized Cox Business customers. Keep reading to find out what fantastic opportunities await you at Cox!
What’s In It For You
At Cox, we believe in paying talent what they’re worth. Aside from compensation, our award-winning employee culture and top-notch benefits package speak to our commitment to our people:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our employees receive competitive salary package and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401k (that well generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- As you grow your family, rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
And much more
What You’ll Do
Effective management is all about planning, communication, administration and self-development. You’ll go even deeper than that, because you know its all about people what drives them, how to be a mentor and a motivator, how to turn failure into learning and how to celebrate success. Your role at Cox will include:
- Developing a professional sales culture and serving as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business.
- Coaching, developing and managing the performance of the territory sales team to ensure they can meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that sales representatives use the IMPACT Sales approach (Investigate, Meet, Probe, Apply, Convince, Tie-it-Up).
Serving as a subject matter expert on selected customer sales and handling issues escalated by team members.
- Collaborating with Cox Business marketing manager to ensure that effective planning and coordination between CB sales and overall marketing objectives are maintained.
- Setting sales goals for territory sales representatives.
Developing appropriate territory structures for geographical and/or vertical markets.
- Working with the manager of inside sales to ensure customer leads received from direct reports are passed to territory sales representatives as appropriate.
- Creating and participating in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community.
Who You Are
Your sales experience has brought you far, and you’re eager to pass that knowledge on to new salespeople on your team. You’re not just a leader you’re a teacher, a confidant and a mentor. You know how to bring the best out of your people, teaching them not only how to do their jobs, but how best to cultivate their careers. You’ll need the following to continue your success at Cox:
- 6 years of experience in a related field with a BS/BA degree in a related discipline and at least 1 year of experience in a management or lead role; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 4 years of experience in a related field; or 10 years of experience in a related field in lieu of degree.
- Experience in business-to-business consultative sales.
- Experience in communications sales.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Excellent skills in building relationships, building sales teams, business sales skills, championing adaptability, oral communication, business acumen and promoting accountability.
- A valid drivers license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
Apply today, take the reins of your team and see how far you can go with Cox!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
3405 McLemore Dr, Pensacola, Florida
Fort Walton Beach FL
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.