CYBER RISK & COMPLIANCE SENIOR ANALYST
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us and let’s build a better future together.
Corporate compliance is more important than ever. From HIPAA to HITRUST, SOC 2 to PCI DSS, companies like Cox Communications rely on the very best consultants to help navigate compliance and governance activities, making sure they are documented and monitored with the utmost efficiency. We call this person a lot of things – rock star, hero, all-star – but they’re typically called a Senior Compliance & Security Consultant . In this role, you’ll report to our Director of Compliance, and – every day – you’ll help evolve our compliance program so it’s more streamlined, the processes are smoother, and the framework is more scalable.
You’ll get to work across a variety of teams and do all this while tackling department tasks and projects that help Cox Communications continue to do what we do best: connecting people to the things they do and love, through products, services, and technology.
Sound like your kind of adventure? Keep reading; we’ll tell you more about what you’ll do and what we’re looking for.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure they are properly managing security controls, understand their operations, and ensure compliance with standards.
- Monitor and enhance the controls needed to achieve and maintain SOC 2, PCI DSS, HITRUST, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, and other compliance requirements. You’ll also test these controls when the need arises.
- Help external parties on projects related to compliance or other security initiatives.
- Provide governance over internal assessments and external audits of the compliance programs.
- Develop and maintain remediation plans alongside our remediation owners, then track the remediation plans until they’re complete.
- Manage the control frameworks that support our security compliance objectives.
- Maintain the tools and processes that keep our compliance monitoring going strong.
- Help out with the development of key reporting metrics and executive presentations to make sure there is always an awareness and support of our compliance programs.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do for our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
• Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
• Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
- BS/BA in Computer Science Engineering, or other IT/ technical degree and 6 years of experience OR Master’s Degree plus 4 years of experience OR PhD, plus one year of experience OR 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in information security controls, information technology audit, or security risk management.
- Healthcare IT and/or Cloud experience
- IT audit prior experience, understanding of security and how it relates to policies and standard
- Ability to identify problems that have a direct effect on major segments of business programs and focus on producing results
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, and able to manage time effectively.
- Strong leadership skills but can take direction & participate on teams. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management.
- Ability to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation, sense of urgency, and ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to communicate complex problems, including root cause, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least one security or control related certification – CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA
- Subject Matter Expertise in security frameworks such as HITRUST, HIPAA, ISO 27000, NIST 800-53, NIST CyberSecurity Framework, SSAE 16 SOC1/SOC2/SOC3, and PCI Data Security Standard
- Professional services audit or consulting background
- Possesses ability to clearly summarize problems and tailor messaging for intended audiences
- Able to understand and communicate decisions under conditions of uncertainty and against competing priorities.
- Knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA – 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Bldg A
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.