CUSTOMER SECURITY & ABUSE SR ANALYST
If you use your intelligence to protect others, often saving the day by stopping the “bad guys,” what does that make you?
You could be a superhero. Or, you could be a Customer Security & Abuse Senior Analyst at Cox Communications. We’re looking for a tech-savvy hero to join forces with us (tights optional). Ready to learn more? Keep reading!
What’s In It For You?
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We’re all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone…including you!
- Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you’ll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing benefits.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work with the senior manager of DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and CALEA (Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act) Operations. You might say that these folks are like the JLA (Justice League of America) but without the capes. You’ll be involved with projects from inception to completion, keeping up with DMCA and CALEA standards. You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Educating stakeholders and boundary partners on DMCA and CALEA matters.
- Promoting DMCA and CALEA compliance by design through effective partnership with product, strategy, and engineering teams.
- Providing DMCA and CALEA design, implementation, and testing guidance to product teams.
- Analyzing and establishing validity of specific data that may impact Cox’s DMCA and CALEA processes.
- Ensuring the consistent application of policies and procedures for processing complaints originating from the Cox subscriber network.
- Interfacing with departments and business units to ensure proper steps are taken to avoid or address DMCA and CALEA issues.
- Providing thought partnership to leadership on strategic direction and team priorities – including strategy development, evaluating new ideas and opportunities, and conducting analysis and research to support key decisions.
- Driving initiatives on behalf of leadership. Manage the goals, objectives, and initiatives of the leadership team, providing direction to and receiving input from all stakeholders.
- Maintaining effective communications with the leadership team, providing awareness of critical issues and the action plans for addressing those issues.
- Tracking strategic initiatives by monitoring progress towards meeting goals and achieving benchmarks, ensuring follow-through on the part of key players, and sustaining momentum needed to drive the initiatives.
- Supporting the evolution of the short and long-term strategy roadmaps, for identifying operational efficiency opportunities and drive process improvements.
Who You Are
You’ve got a grasp of business, security, and technology. You come from a versatile business background with strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities. You watch the sky at night, looking for the Bat Signal…no, sorry, that’s a different job description. You do, however, have the following qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or a related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of technical experience in the Information Security field, OR Master’s of Science in a related discipline + 2 years of experience, OR PhD + 1 year of relevant experience. OR 8 years of experience without a higher level degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external parties.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical skills: able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines and work well in a demanding dynamic environment to meet overall project and departmental objectives.
- Highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task, and work in a team setting.
- Solid understanding of networking (WAN, LAN, wLAN), network domains (Internet, intranet, DMZ), communication techniques/protocols (IP and others) and their combined effects on our network and customer’s home/business network systems security.
- 3+ years of abuse desk or information security experience, preferably in the areas of DMCA or CALEA support.
- Telecommunications/cable industry experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CIS.
Apply today and accomplish something heroic with Cox!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: Atlanta GA
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.