Axion BioSystems, is a rapidly growing, private equity backed life science tools company located in Atlanta, GA. We are a leading manufacturer of microelectrode array (MEA) and impedance systems used to evaluate the biology of networked cells (e.g. neurons, cardiac cells, lung and liver) for applications such as cancer research, vaccine development, modeling neurological disease and drug development. When combined with modern cell culture technologies, Axion’s platform allows scientists to model human biology in a dish. Axion’s products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, governmental agencies, and universities for drug safety, drug discovery, cell and gene therapy development and disease modeling assays.
Axion BioSystems, Inc. is seeking an IT Director reporting to the CFO and responsible for overseeing all internal information systems and managing, coordinating, and improving the company’s internal IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have diverse experience in both IT and working with cross-functional teams. This position requires expert knowledge of the industry best practices and stays up-to-date with technology advancements. In addition, this role will have access to extensive business information and sensitive employee information and must always adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Evolve and maintain a technology strategy and roadmap that enables the continued growth and expansion of Axion BioSystems
- Review IT infrastructure of acquisitions and target acquisitions, contributing to integration scope and planning activities
- Liaise with IT contacts and manage integration
- Manage/implement IT policies and compliance, review and implement controls as needed
- Establish and oversee general company data and file management – secure, centralized, scalable, permission-based repository
- Establish and oversee general company software management – standardization across the company
- Establish and oversee IT Compliance and Security in line with standards for a public company
- Improve workflow efficiencies – Identify and propose ways to improve and automate business processes, considering the ROI of the change
- Supervise, mentor and develop the current Network Administrator
- Oversee support for common applications and systems
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Evaluate risk, develop network recovery and backup processes
- Assure that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Ensure that the security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems is maintained
- Create, implement, and maintain documentation and processes in obtaining ISO 9001
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Education/experience in computer science, business management, engineering or other technical discipline
- 3+ years leadership experience, including development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise applications
- 5+ years information systems experience
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve complex business and technical issues
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Experience building an IT organization focused on effective “internal customer service,” cross-department communication and needs assessment
- Experience in supporting global IT infrastructure
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of US (position is not eligible for visa sponsorship)
Axion offers competitive pay with bonus opportunity and benefits to include 20 PTO days annually, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan with company match, and hybrid onsite/remote work schedule.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit j.brt.mv.