Senior Systems Business Analyst
ADP is hiring a Senior Business Systems Analyst. Using structured analysis and design techniques, the Senior Business Systems Analyst formulates systems scope and objectives, develops detailed functional specifications, performs testing requirements for product functions and features, and analyzes and solves existing systems logic difficulties. The goal is to provide unique, automated and/or technology-focused solutions to various business problems. The Senior Business Analyst will run both IT focused and business focused projects and must be a comfortable leading a project team made up of members from our business unit and others. Competent to work on the most complex programming and analysis projects independently. Provides guidance to, and assists in training, less experienced Analysts.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Conducts structured analysis according to SDLC standards and prepares analysis documentation, including User Stories, Use Cases, or other requirements documentation. These documents serve as input to the creation of program specifications, test plans, user and system documentation, and training development and are used in all subsequent phases of the life cycle.
- Analyses and evaluates existing or proposed systems utilizing essential parts of the Project Life Cycle (PLC). Interfaces with user community, Marketing, Operations and Product Champions to define project objectives and to gather user requirements.
- Analyses the requirements for the system and defines the functional specifications. Performs business analysis and translates them into specifications and develops all levels of logic flow charts.
- Develops and documents design alternatives to satisfy user, business, statutory, and system requirements.
- Presents alternatives to users and impacted areas to facilitate design decisions and gain consensus.
- Develops detailed functional testing requirements for new or existing systems features.
- Performs acceptance/system testing on systems functions and features.
- Conducts system walkthroughs and formal review presentations.
- Provides assistance to other staff members and development groups on selected business and technical issues.
- Assists in estimating and scheduling of a project or project tasks.
- Provides assistance to the IT Organization to troubleshoot and resolve problems and to explore opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
- Remains up-to-date on all systems analysis tools by reading related material and taking courses.
- Acquires business knowledge by learning the daily business operation of ADP and by obtaining a good understanding of ADP products and features.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree (or equivalent in education and experience) with major in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Information Security, or equivalent technical experience
- 5-10 years progressive programming and analysis experience
- Experience with PEO, Workers Compensation, and/or Project Management preferred
- Software: Alteryx, Toad for Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint