SENIOR CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
When you mix together traits like experimentation-driven, result-oriented, and customer-focused, you get a mighty powerful combo. Add in the ability to influence others to achieve success at scale, and you’ve got yourself the makings of a Cox Communications Senior Cloud Security Engineer.
This is a chance to lead the implementation of enterprise scale security solutions within the Cloud, while pioneering security solutions that support Cox’s business initiatives. You’ll collaborate with some truly talented teams to design enterprise architectures that bring new features and technologies to life. So, want to join our Cloud Security Team and tackle some fast-paced projects that will keep you on your toes and our customers in awe of what we can do? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do
With your feet on the ground and your head in the Cloud, you’ll show up and dig in to a number of responsibilities. Here are some of the primary tasks you’ll tackle:
- Implement security and privacy by design through effective partnership with technology, strategy and engineering teams.
- Build tools and processes for automating security controls and monitoring at scale in a multi-cloud environment.
- Design and Implement identity and access management roles and controls for multi-cloud environments.
- Build integrations for applications to interact with secret management solutions.
- Build policies (as code) for Cloud Providers and CSPM solutions.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures, and offer your recommendations for changes or enhancements.
- Evaluate existing and new security solutions and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Provide mentorship and invest in the development of team members.
- Identify security trends and changes, then relate those changes to the current and future needs of our technology teams.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay plus other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services (in specific Cox markets), tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
• Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal is to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can “do you”, and everyone from senior leadership to new hires can support others and feel supported.
• Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
You’re a seasoned pro and it shows. Here is a list of the necessities for the job, as well as some “preferred” qualities that we hope you have as well:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, IT or a related discipline with 6+ years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 4+ years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 1+ year of experience in a related field
- Ability to identify problems that have a direct effect on major segments of technology programs.
- Capability to apply existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes.
- Ability to provide impactful contributions to major projects or programs within the department.
- Willingness to receive and provide technical guidance on unusual or complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills to develop consensus and understanding among our cross-functional teams on key security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to develop and implement leading security best practices across cross-functional teams.
Technical skillsets you will bring:
- Strong working knowledge of cloud architectures and concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies.
- Strong experience with infrastructure automation solutions (i.e. Terraform, Ansible).
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment platforms (GitHub, Jenkins, etc.).
- Working knowledge of version/source control tools.
- Working knowledge of network security concepts including firewalls, IDS/IPS, and WAFs.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Experience with cloud security solutions including AWS, GCP, and/or Azure, container security solutions, and cloud security posture management solutions.
- Experience building and scaling identity and access management systems and services.
- Experience with secret management solutions (e.g. HashiCorp Vault).
- Big Four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CCSP, CCSK CISM, CISA.
- Cloud provider certifications – Azure, GCP, AWS.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: Atlanta GA
REMOTE – USA
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.