SENIOR SALES ENGINEER – BLUEPRINT RF
Blueprint RF, a division of Cox Business, is a leading provider of technology solutions to hospitality clients. Built around a team of leaders with deep industry experience and client-focused innovators, the company provides complete network solutions to meet the full, and evolving, needs of hospitality properties, staff and guests. Blueprint RF has earned an excellent industry reputation for quality network design, solid delivery and support services, and continuous innovation. With a combination of customized solutions and first-class client service, Blueprint RF brings businesses and their staff closer to the guests while improving the experiences of all.
Blueprint RF is hiring a Senior Sales Engineer who will work with the sales team to surface customer and business needs and translate these into application, system, technical and operational requirements for network installations. The Sales Engineer will be skilled at translating technical requirements into solution design for Wi-Fi network designs. The Sales Engineer will provide the sales team with training on product additions/brand specifications and/or changes to brand requirements which will include preparation of supporting technical documentation on existing requirements for reference. They will accompany sales leaders on virtual or face to face sales meetings and will work with the technical and product teams to ensure all requirements are addressed in solution design and scoping. Participate in technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects. Works closely with field operations to support the installation lifecycle. Serves as a boundary partner between engineering, sales, and the client.
We are owned by Cox Business and offer generous benefits including health, vision, 401k, life insurance, and more.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• To ensure that application fully meet customers’ needs
• To educate and consult with customers about technological requirements for network installation
• To coordinate technical aspects of service delivery with members of the sales team, product managers, network engineering teams
• To keep current on new products, services, and solutions
• Meets with prospective and existing customers in coordination with the sales team to collect and analyze the information required to assess customers’ network needs in detail and offer innovative solutions to complex requirements
• Partners with other members of the Sales team and interfaces with customers and vendors to develop Blueprint RF quotes and associated technical specifications
• Responds to RFPs, as needed to ensure their technical integrity
• Ensure that design and specifications meet customer needs
• Works with product managers, brand leads, and the engineering team to ensure the sales teams’ understanding of new products and brand standards and to provide technical feedback to the product team, as appropriate
• Works with the engineering team to ensure the feasibility of all new/custom installations and solutions where applicable
• Supports the sales organization as the technical subject matter expert. Support may include attending sales calls, delivering technical portions of the sales presentation, explaining why Blueprint’s proposed solution is the right one, and negotiating technical aspects of the proposal, as needed.
• May attend vendor meetings and perform site surveys, as required
• Coordinates internal technical resources necessary to develop sales proposals and sales presentations.
• 8 years of experience in a related field; or a BS/BA degree in a related discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or technical degree) with 4 years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 2 years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline
• 5+ years inter-networking experience
• 5+ years WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network experience
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) program or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Service Provider or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Wireless or equivalent
• Experience with Wi-Fi in hospitality, education, healthcare or other public verticals
• Ability to generate technical presentations and effectively translate to sales team/clients
• Ability to understand technical issues and apply solutions, technology, and products to meet a client’s networking needs
• Demonstrated technical knowledge, consulting, and troubleshooting skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to fully assess client situations and offer an effective technology solution
• Works independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Prior experience pre-sales engineering support
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of network equipment and operations including: Cisco/Meraki, Ruckus or Aruba, and emerging technologies
• Ability to educate customers in Wi-Fi design principles and deployment processes from site survey, network design and planning, to installation and testing
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: 5555 Oakbrook Pkwy, Norcross, Georgia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.