Associate Data Systems Engineer – Web/Middleware Operations
This position will serve as a junior-level web engineer for Truist’s Web & Middleware Operations team. This individual will be under moderate supervision. As a part of the support/operations organization, the individual will be responsible for web and middleware support, maintenance, deployments, troubleshooting and configuration of solutions and resolutions within one or more of Truist Web / Middleware Operations support realms. This position is technical in nature. The position will be shift based positions as 24/7/365 “in-seat” support coverage is required.
• Provide up to level 2 support for web / middleware issues that come through the enterprise support center.
• Responsible for general support, maintenance and troubleshooting of web and middleware based platforms.
• Providing operational support for web products in use today.
• Provide support for the Change, Release, Incident, Request and Configuration Management processes for Truist’s Web & Middleware Operations technologies and services.
• Develop and maintain documentation for supported infrastructure.
• Will work a 12 hour shift three or four days or nights weekly consecutively per shift schedule. Teammate will work a 3 day on > 4 day off > 4 day on > 3 day off schedule consisting of one of the four 12 hour shift. Shifts may be rotating quarterly or permanent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Performs problem tracking, diagnosis and root-cause analysis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution for complex issues.
- Responds to issues in a timely manner by receiving and investigating incidents or service tickets
Communicates status of issue resolution to internal customers.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of application support and an understanding of best practices.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- Three to five years of experience in software development or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in database technologies
- Three to five years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 3 years of relevant experience in Information Technology with a concentration on Web and/or Middleware technology.
- Ability to collaborate with web and other related work teams across geographically dispersed locations.
- Provide excellent customer service, oral and written communication within a business and technical context.
- Working practice of automation and scripting languages such as, PowerShell, Bash, Python.
- Adept knowledge of DMZ security technologies and LDAP technologies.
- Knowledge of Firewall technologies and Load Balancer technologies.
- Adept hand on experience with SSL certificates including usage, configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Adept experience with some (or all) product areas including:
- Microsoft IIS Server
- IBM Websphere Application Server
- IBM WebSeal (Tivoli Access Manager) and/or ISAM
- VMWare Tomcat / TCServer
- IBM MQ
- IBM Datapower Gateway
- Adept experience with of Linux Red Hat, AIX, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with the lifecycle for Web applications including capacity planning, disaster recovery, backup & restore, and other related technical requirements.
- Knowledge of J2EE standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning.
- Adept experience with network interfaces and technologies.
- Very good verbal and written communications skills with ability to present technology requests and designs to associates and management.