Salesforce Deployment Engineer III
The Teammate and CRM Services team is seeking an experience Salesforce Deployment Engineer III to join our team to help with Salesforce environment and release management for the Advisor Desktop application within the Channels & Innovation Engineering Support Services organization.
In this role you will work closely with agile teams performing tasks such as environment planning, sandbox refreshes, sandbox access provisioning, environment maintenance, and coordination and deployment of releases on the Salesforce platform.
You will build and maintain the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations for new or existing software applications through advanced proficiency and subject matter expertise in vendor tools in the DevOps lifecycle including: Infrastructure as Code; Agile and DevOps Lifecycle Management; Source Code Management; Build Orchestration; Build Management; Artifact Repository Management; Configuration Management; Deployment; and Performance Monitoring and Management.
- This role requires both strong technical and collaboration skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments at once.
- You will need to make informed decisions and determine which tool best fits any given situation based on proficiencies with multiple vendor products based on each of the above capabilities.
Champion the use of DevOps as a strategic asset of culture change to enhance the flow of business value to our clients.
- Hands on experience with a wide array of DevOps tools (Git, GitLab, Ant, Jenkins, Checkmarx)
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform configurations, limitations, and metadata structure
- Salesforce Admin or Developer certifications
- Solid understanding of Agile and CI/CD principles
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to teach and demonstrate solutions to others
- Develop customized coding, software integration, perform analysis, configure solutions, using tools specific to the project or the area.
- Lead and participate in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards, including robust unit testing and support for subsequent release testing.
- Build non-functional monitoring capabilities and provide escalated support for highly complex applications in production. Build in and maintain security controls and monitoring in support of company standards.
- Typically lead moderately complex projects and participate in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solve complex technical and operational problems.
- Act as a resource for teammates with less experience
- Responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks working directly, and engage with, the business from the beginning of the design work.
- Leverage continuous engineering practices to deliver business value regarding effectiveness of the design.
- Actively participate in refining user stories.
- Responsible for design, developing, and maintaining automated unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing.
- Responsible for providing automated monitoring capabilities, providing warranty support, and providing knowledge transfer to production support.
- Develop code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED and five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices
Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
- Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates. Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related degree and eight years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of specific applications, technology platforms, programming languages, systems, or business segments
- Banking or financial services experience. Knowledge of one or more of the following: Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce.com platform
- Salesforce.com Admin and Developer certifications
- 3+ years of experience with deploying Salesforce metadata via the metadata API and utilizing Jenkins and Github for CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining multiple Salesforce environments.
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins. Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests