.NET Test Automation Engineer II
The .NET Test Automation Engineer II will perform hands-on automation coding on a daily basis with C# and .NET applications. Looking for someone who has worked in TEAM specific environment and who has executed existing automation scripts rather than creating new scripts.
This person will be teamed up with Development and Staging production, Build processes etc.
.NET Test Automation Software Engineer II is a technical individual with a passion for developing and maintaining a robust automation test suite.
- Delivering technically complex solutions.
- Performing system integration support for all project work.
- Consulting and partnering with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
- This test suite supports high quality, continuous delivery of a key financial system that comprises web and thick client front-ends and back-end service applications.
- Works closely with product owners, feature developers and quality analysts to develop automated component, integration and UI tests using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Willing to take ownership and initiatives to improve the organization’s automation test strategy.
- Has strong knowledge of quality engineering best practices, such has writing test plans, test cases and conducting regression testing.
- Participates in all agile phases of the SDLC, such as development, testing, implementation and the maintenance of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards.
- Has a strong desire to take on new challenges, such as developing features in addition to test automation responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four to seven years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experience
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practices
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
- Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools and services
- Knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.