.NET Software Engineer II – Test Automation
.NET Test Automation Software Engineer II is a technical individual with a passion for developing and maintaining a robust automation test suite.
- Delivering technically complex solutions.
- Performing system integration support for all project work.
- Consulting and partnering with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
- This test suite supports high quality, continuous delivery of a key financial system that comprises web and thick client front-ends and back-end service applications.
- Works closely with product owners, feature developers and quality analysts to develop automated component, integration and UI tests using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Willing to take ownership and initiatives to improve the organization’s automation test strategy.
- Has strong knowledge of quality engineering best practices, such has writing test plans, test cases and conducting regression testing.
- Participates in all agile phases of the SDLC, such as development, testing, implementation and the maintenance of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards.
- Has a strong desire to take on new challenges, such as developing features in addition to test automation responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four to seven years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experience
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practices
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
- Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools and services
- Knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.