Sr. Data Science/Modeler
Job Description Summary: Support the Business Unit Risk Management Team in the effective delivery of risk reporting to support management risk-based business decision making. Evaluate and enhance risk based strategies, tools and techniques for the ongoing maturity and enhancement of risk reporting. Oversee the design and delivery of solutions that support the fundamental data and governance process to effectively provide seamless, reconcilable processes and systems that adhere to corporate governance and regulatory requirements. Collaborate to deliver strategic, visionary solutions with reliable data to effectively report Technology Risk. Adhere to best practices to perform data acquisition.
Job Description; Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Team in the execution of model development, QA, Testing and Analysis. Extend the capabilities of the risk aggregation and assessment models to encompass emerging use cases.
· Develop and extend models and assessment procedures.
· Develop new code modules to enable requirements that emerge during Item 2, above
· Propose improvements to existing capabilities.
· Participate in Code reviews and maintaining of calculation engineer
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
· In depth understanding and experience in developing and maintaining data based decision support systems.
· Demonstrated proficiency in implementation of data design principles. Demonstrated proficiency in SQL based development.
· Proficient in the use of XML based technologies such as XPath, XQuery.
· Proficient in use of REST and SOAP web services Detailed understanding of design, implementation and optimization of data structures.
· Experienced in developing complex software using object oriented language such as Java or C++. Familiarity with Tableau and other data visualization and reporting tools.
· Experienced in the use of GIT-based environment for source management.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to operate without close supervision.
· Capability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems; understand engagement objectives which includes a clear understanding of the client’s business problem and how the engagement helps address the client’s business problem
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related discipline or equivalent education and related training
2. Six years of IT risk management and/or IT auditing experience
3. Advanced understanding of IT Control Frameworks such as COBIT, ITIL and COSO
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Strong verbal and written communications skills
6. Strong project management skills
7. Advanced knowledge of IT auditing practices and regulatory requirements including GLBA, PCI, ITIL, etc.
8. Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills and ability to achieve mission oriented and valued-based results
9. One or more professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or CRP
· Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile environment and using Agile tools.
· Experienced in the use and understanding of OOP (Object Oriented) based technologies. such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or CRP
· Thorough understanding of network topology and associated risks
· Oriented with judicial process associated with eDiscovery cases