Sr. UX/UI Designer
We’re creating a bold new future at Truist. Join us.
Truist is on the verge of a big move—a move that aims to alter the course of banking and radically improve the lives of our clients. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact. Our rapidly growing team of designers and researchers is looking for the best people to join our cause. If you’re passionate about your craft, driven to create change, and interested in joining a team doing transformative work, we’re excited to talk to you.
This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be born in the digital age with the dedication and resources necessary to develop transformative digital experiences that make a difference in the lives of our clients
As a member of the Experience Design team, you’ll tackle complex problems and transform them into world-class experiences and strategies for Truist’s digital products. But you won’t do this alone. You’ll work with an exceptional product team of Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Product Managers and Developers daily, UX / UI colleagues to turn to for reviews and ideas, and User Researchers who will help you test ideas and learn about your customers. It’s a team goal, and we are looking for teammates who match our intensity and drive to be the best.
The Senior Experience Designer (XD) delivers business objectives through the creation of superior user experiences for Truist clients, prospects, and employees with leadership and strategy responsibilities within an aligned team. The Experience Designer develops solutions within assigned business segments and across multiple channels (digital, in-branch, call center, etc) to create a competitive advantage in client experience – a key evaluation criterion for our clients and critical to the success of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Translate user needs and business requirements into compelling experiences.
2. Lead design activities in cross-functional development teams to create industry leading experiences embodied in differentiated product and service designs that deliver value to our clients, teammates and the business. Go beyond best practices to uncover new solutions.
3. Stay current on trends, theories, methods and processes.
4. Influence product direction through a deep understanding of users obtained by directing user research priorities and developing user research plans, tracking and utilizing user feedback obtained by all channels, and monitoring analytics.
5. Apply design standards, industry guidelines, and best practices to ensure designs are usable and accessible.
6. Design and deliver user journeys, wireframes, visual design concepts, and interactive prototypes across a variety of devices and interfaces.
7. Develop strategic thinking and problem-framing approaches.
8. Develop an understanding of broader organizational context and goals.
9. Use storytelling and persuasion techniques that build trust with partners and establish long-term relationships.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. BA/BS degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Service Design, Communication Design, Computer Science, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Design Management, other related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
3. Demonstrated ability to influence product direction and design through a deep understanding of users.
4. Understands the role of the psychology of human emotions and behavior in design.
5. Strong communication skills. Comfortable presenting.
6. Excels in a team environment.
7. Solid understanding of CSS/HTML and Content Management Systems (CMS). Preferred Qualifications:
8. Advanced degree (MS or PhD) User Experience, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Service Design, Communication Design, Computer Science, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, other related field or equivalent work experience.
9. Experience in creating user experience designs that create a competitive advantage and experience in scientifically measuring the effectiveness of those designs with end users.
10. Qualified in creating design artifacts such as journey maps, wireframes, high fidelity comps that apply brand guidelines, service design blueprints, personas and prototypes.
1. Knowledge of research techniques and the understanding of when to use what technique to ensure validity of data collected when conducting research with human participants.
2. Strong understanding of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
3. Ability to write source code for advanced HTML and CSS for cross-browser development.
4. Mastery in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite.
5. Experience working in Financial Services.
6. Experience working on agile projects
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org