Principal Experience Designer
We’re creating a bold new future at Truist. Join us.
Truist is on the verge of a big move—a move that aims to alter the course of banking and radically improve the lives of our clients. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact. Our rapidly growing team of designers and researchers is looking for the best people to join our cause. If you’re passionate about your craft, driven to create change, and interested in joining a team doing transformative work, we’re excited to talk to you.
This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be born in the digital age with the dedication and resources necessary to develop transformative digital experiences that make a difference in the lives of our clients
As a member of the Experience Design team, you’ll tackle complex problems and transform them into world-class experiences and strategies for Truist’s digital products. But you won’t do this alone. You’ll work with an exceptional product team of Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Product Managers and Developers daily, UX / UI colleagues to turn to for reviews and ideas, and User Researchers who will help you test ideas and learn about your customers. It’s a team goal, and we are looking for teammates who match our intensity and drive to be the best.
The Principal Experience Designer (XD) delivers business objectives through the creation of superior user experiences for Truist clients, prospects, and employees with leadership and strategy responsibilities that cross multiple teams. The Experience Designer develops solutions within assigned business segments and across multiple channels (digital, in-branch, call center, etc) to create a competitive advantage in client experience – a key evaluation criterion for our clients and critical to the success of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Direct (but not line manage) teams of experience designers to create solutions
2. Translate user needs and business requirements into compelling experiences. Design and deliver user journeys, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and interactive prototypes across a variety of devices and interfaces.
3. Create/invent highly innovative business opportunities that expand the value delivered to clients through digital and physical experiences. Create world-class, end-to-end experiences and lead special/innovation projects.
4. Create an experience design strategy and future vision for assigned product(s) and utilize that strategy to drive significant improvement in XD key performance indicators that correlate with business revenue and financial key performance indicators. Prioritize the focus of XD efforts on those areas that deliver value to the client and value to the business.
5. Foster productive partnerships with partners and know when and how to push design professionally
6. Drive client acquisition, satisfaction, and retention through creation of proven industry leading user experiences and interfaces that will be developed into prototypes and future products and create a competitive advantage in user experience. Recommend and utilize user research on those experiences to scientifically measure and benchmark performance
7. Develop customer understanding models that collect data obtained about our clients through user research, client feedback obtained through various channels (social media, phone channel, chat, feedback lines, etc), and 3rd party research and interpret that data to create a usable model of our clients
8. Develop new design methods and practices that drive value. Educate team members on those.
9. Foster communication and cohesion between internal teams and functions.
10. Understanding of broader organizational context and goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. BA/BS degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Service Design, Communication Design, Computer Science, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, other related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
3. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage several workstreams simultaneously.
4. Demonstrated ability to influence product direction through a deep understanding of users and design concepts
5. Strong communication and presentation skills.
6. Mastery of UX and UI standards.
7. Basic understanding of CSS/HTML and Content Management Systems.
8. Possess an understanding of the intersection of technology and human behavior
1. Advanced degree (MS or PhD) User Experience, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Service Design, Communication Design, Computer Science, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, other related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Advanced experience creating design artifacts such as journey maps, wireframes, high fidelity comps that apply brand guidelines, service design blueprints, personas and prototypes
3. Considerable knowledge about human abilities, human limitations, and other human characteristics that are relevant to design
4. Knowledge of research techniques and the understanding of when to use what technique to ensure validity of data collected when conducting research with human participants
5. Experience in creating user experience designs that create a competitive advantage and experience in scientifically measuring the effectiveness of those designs with end users
6. Strong understanding of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
7. Ability to write source code for advanced HTML and CSS for cross-browser development
8. Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite.
9. Experience in agile development.
10. Banking or financial services experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com