DevSecOps Engineer I
- Build and maintain the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations on an Agile team for new or existing software applications using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools in a DevOps lifecycle to reduce lead time, reduce costs, increase the flow of business value, increase reliability and resiliency, and enhance quality and streamline the accurate collection and display of metrics.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Build and maintain the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations for new or existing software applications through advanced proficiency and subject matter expertise in vendor tools in the DevOps lifecycle including: Infrastructure as Code; Agile and DevOps Lifecycle Management; Source Code Management; Build Orchestration; Build Management; Artifact Repository Management; Behavior Driven Development; Test Driven Development; Automated Testing including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Testing; Static Code Analysis; Load and Performance Testing; Artifact Scanning; Database Schema Management, Orchestration and Recovery; Compliance Automation and Audit Trails; Configuration Management; Containers; Application Release Automation; Deployment Strategies and Patterns including Blue/Green Deployment, Canary Releases, and Rolling Releases; Logging and Log Analytics; and Performance Monitoring and Management.
- Make informed decisions and determine which tool best fits any given situation based on proficiencies with multiple vendor products based on each of the above capabilities.
- Champion the use of DevOps as a strategic asset of culture change to enhance the flow of business value to our clients.
- Liaise with DevOps Center for Enablement (C4E) to ensure that any centralized DevOps tools or practices are followed, and to share information about any team specific tools or practices that may benefit other teams.
- Develop and recommend best practices and use sophisticated, analytical thought to exercise judgment and design innovative solutions of an initiative or the most complex component of the DevOps lifecycle.
Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Active participant with the Truist Agile Guild and Agile DevOps Communities of Practice.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent education and related training or experience
Seven+ years of experience in software engineering or IT including at least Four years of experience in a role in which the primary responsibility is DevOps Engineering or the development, maintenance, and support of CI/CD pipelines.
Must demonstrate ability to write code
- College Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field of study
- Experience working in Agile teams and knowledge of Agile development & release practices.
- Experience supporting a team with DevOps in an Enterprise Agile framework (SAFe, LeSS, DAD,
- Enterprise Scrum, Nexus, etc.)
- Experience in the banking industry