Senior Technology Architect – R0072188
Website Truist Financial Corporation
Please review the following job description:
Teammate reports to the division head of enterprise architecture for EA division such a commercial banking and is accountable for a squad (squad (e.g. Lending, Insurance, Mortgage, Security, Platform, Cloud, Payments, Online Banking, etc.). He/She will focus on business capabilities, application/platforms/system architecture elements enterprise-wide. Leads in the development of enterprise architecture standards, enforcement and compliance. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternatives solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Provides guidance and support for SA’s to implement complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application / data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Develops business-system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company. Interprets internal/ external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Top down enterprise design with focus on business model, digital transformation and innovation i.e. collaborate with business owners, technology leaders and risk partners to draft the tech strategy, reflecting the corporate objectives/strategy
2. IT Landscape design in the context of business capabilities of the organization supporting enterprise objective, cost and risk reduction
3. Lead cross cutting enterprise solution design that span across multiple CIOs and domains
4. Set strategic direction for the assigned major business division in alignment with the Business Strategy and Technology standards and provide thought leadership in the development of an enterprise strategic IT plan.
5. Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, as well as industry and bank issues, to effectively match them.
6. End to end accountability to review and approve design solutions that best meet the business needs of the enterprise, with a primary focus on innovation.
7. Lead or “jump start” initiatives deemed critical to IT Services and Truist’s success
8. Provide thought leadership in new technology innovation, incubation, introduction and implementation critical to Truist’s technology and business strategy roadmaps and ongoing success
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven to ten years of architecture/design/delivery experience which includes five years of enterprise architecture experience or seven to ten years’ solution architecture experience in technology and security, and five years of banking/financial business domain
3. Comprehensive experience with various architectural domains such as application, data, infrastructure, security and integration
4. Strong analytical and broad architectural skills
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong negotiation/facilitation skills
7. Significant knowledge of current and emerging architecture principles, methodologies and tools
8. Experience as negotiator with vendors for relevant products and services
9. Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with ability to differentiate feasible from academic solutions
10. Demonstrated thought-leadership skills with the ability to translate high-level business planning information into application needs/solutions
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Up to 25%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.truist.com.