Enterprise Technology Program Director I – R0069448
Website Truist Financial Corporation
Responsible for driving toward Enterprise Technology strategic objectives through thought leadership, organizational design, management and execution of an SLT-designated core function(s) or program(s). Provides oversight and accountability for Enterprise Technology-wide projects/programs of varying size up to and including enterprise transformational initiatives. Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives. Key contributor in developing financial realization measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provides thought leadership, organizational design, management and execution of an SLT-designated core function(s) or program(s).
2. Directs and oversees financial management, organizational planning and design, planning and coordination of Enterprise Technology-wide program or programs.
3. Directs organizational efforts to partner closely with LOB/function managers and subject matter experts to develop program design, plan, metrics and execution strategy. Ensures that business cases are developed for budgeting, planning, and tracking revenue and/or expense.
4. Directs and oversees relationships with business owners and technology leads to support overall program needs.
5. Ensures that program activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
6. Ensures implementation and oversight of appropriate risk management plans for program initiatives in area of responsibility.
7. Monitors and challenges performance of current systems and processes. Identifies and advocates for solutions designed to deliver value and mitigate risk as appropriate.
8. Vets new solutions and determines at what point larger issues require escalation to upper management.
9. Leads teams or multiple teams of internal and/or external resources.
10. Analyzes and collectively manages variances to the program plan and overall portfolio and makes recommendation and/or creates action plan to mitigate negative variances or to resolve issues.
11. Articulates overall performance of multiple programs and initiatives via dashboard reporting for use by key executives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Advanced degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. Eight years progressive related experience in managing enterprise technology organizations combined with overall twelve years progressive related experience in enterprise technology.
3. Demonstrated experience in technology organization management, financial management, risk management, people management, issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders, conducting difficult negotiations and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables.
4. Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and policies.
5. Demonstrated leadership in the implementation of complex programs and projects.
6. Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments.
7. Demonstrated executive level verbal and written communication skills.
8. Superior working knowledge of business matters, finance, planning, and forecasting.
9. Strong skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Project)
1. Advanced degree in a relevant field of work (e.g., MBA). PMP and/or PgMP.
2. Experience in enterprise technology organizational leadership. Financial services technology experience highly beneficial.
3. Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization.
4. In-depth knowledge of management and planning systems theory and practical application to complex initiatives.
5. Experience with financial measurements and metrics.
6. Financial Services experience.
7. Knowledge of business unit’s mission and processes.
8. Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization.
9. Highly articulate
10. Demonstrates executive presence
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Up to 25%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.