SWE Director/Program Manager – R0071441
Website Truist Financial Corporation
Lead a team or teams responsible for technology solutions that meet business needs and satisfy risk and operational requirements of the Tech organization. Identify and resolve complex technical, operational, risk management, and organizational challenges for an LOB or several Sub LOBs. Leverage emerging technologies and automation to improve business efficiencies, enhance speed-to-market of solution delivery, and support business and enterprise transformation and optimization. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, performance reviews.
***Telecommute/Remote options available***
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Direct the engineering and deployment of significant delivery projects in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets, including Agile methodologies.
2. Oversee the planning, design, engineering, testing and deployment of application projects in conjunction with a variety of resources, which may include Waterfall or Agile approaches.
3. Develop departmental plans, including business, financial, production and/or organizational priorities based on IT and focuses on long-term operations planning and performance, and broader business objectives and priorities.
4. Apply an in-depth understanding of systems engineering and administration and a basic understanding of other IT disciplines in guiding and coaching team members.
5. Adapt plans to meet service and/or operational challenges. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management, and organizational challenges.
6. Maintain appropriate Risk Profile through owning the first line of Risk defense, proactively identifying risks, and implementing the necessary mitigations where warranted. Partner effectively with 2nd line of defense, Auditor, and regulators to ensure Risk is identified and mitigated appropriately.
7. May play lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives.
8. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, performance reviews.
9. In an Agile environment: Act as an Agile champion. Primarily responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks. Leverage engineering practices to deliver business
value. Responsible for oversight of software engineering and unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing. Oversee warranty support and knowledge transfer to production support. Ensure
developed code is in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
10. Support reporting and budgets for interrelated Operational Risk Delivery program work efforts.
SCOPE: The differentiating factor between levels of SWE Director is scope, for example size of budget and headcount, and complexity of business line and related technologies.
11. Supervise long-term strategy of multiple Operational Risk work efforts; drive strategies and oversee collaboration and fulfillment of larger Operational Risk Delivery goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree and equivalent combination of advanced education and experience, which could include any combination of 8 years of experience in IT software engineering, 5 years’ relevant business
experience (i.e. making technical-related decisions on the business side), 5 years’ experience in project management, and at least 2 years of management experience
2. Broad and in-depth knowledge of technology trends, competitive environment, regulatory requirements and trends, and IT strategies employed to continually meet the demands of clients and regulators
3. Ability to translate enterprise level strategic planning information into software and data management needs, create business plans, and turn them into effective business solutions
4. Executive level communications skills, including, strong negotiation/facilitation/presentation skills and experience negotiating with vendors for relevant products and services
5. Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure, particularly with enterprise-wide implications
6. Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of complex business objectives and priorities
7. Ability to lead and manage the performance of multiple teams against a set of financial and operational objectives
1. Understanding of multiple approaches to SWE
2. Full understanding of Agile methodology
3. Experience leading teams in an Agile organization, particularly those practicing DevSecOps, and/or are in transition from traditional waterfall approach to Agile approach
4. Banking or financial services experience
5. Bachelor’s degree and twelve years of experience in software development, including five years of management experience
6. Experience with one or more business functions and or IT solutions involving: Operational Risk Mgmt., Compliance Risk Mgmt., Enterprise Risk Mgmt., Technology Risk Mgmt., Model Risk Mgmt., Audit Services.
7. Experience with Program Management
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Up to 50%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.truist.com.