Cybersecurity Sr. Engineer focused on cloud enablement -REMOTE – R0071590
Website Truist Financial Corporation
Responsible for developing and maintaining the technical IT / cyber security capabilities necessary for safeguarding the firm’s information systems and applications (software development lifecycle), including every phase of the SDLC and software stack. Design, plan, test and implement phases of cybersecurity technology projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Engineer secure cloud solutions that are highly available and resilient Integrate traditional and cloud-native technology stacks in a complex IAM and networking environment
2. Develop and support Terraform plans to automate and optimize cloud deployments
3. Collaborate with architecture, compliance, operations, strategy, and application teams to turn security reference architectures and policies into deployable design patterns.
4. Implement new and integrate existing technology into use cases following these patterns
5. Mentor team on security practices and reusable patterns, i.e., models, testing, and experience to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
6. Analyze, recommend, and plan the use of new information security technologies, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or workload, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources
7. Facilitate onboarding of new information security technologies and integration of existing technologies including initial configuration, installation, change management, and operational handoff, such as inventory management, logging & intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, secrets management, and identity and access management
8. Provide subject matter expertise on information security technologies on varying initiatives across Cybersecurity and Truist Enterprise Technology
9. Contribute to cybersecurity engineering strategy development (long-term complex plans intended to achieve operational and financial results)
10. Develop/invent innovative solutions within multiple information security technologies, theories and/or techniques that impact CCS strategy
11. Develop security designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements
12. Contribute to highly complex and visible projects with notable risk and complexity
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience in systems engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
2. Strong functional and technical knowledge of information/cyber security capabilities with deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: Encryption, Data Security, Application Security, End Point Security, Identity and Access Management, Windows/Unix/Linux Systems Security, Mainframe Security, Perimeter Security, Network Security, Mobility Security, Cloud Security, Cyber Security, Cryptography, or Authentication Systems
3. Strong understanding of service lifecycle management, strategic planning, and the cyber security landscape CISSP Certification
4. Working knowledge AWS or Azure cloud deployments and implementation of CI/CD pipelines
5. Hands-on experience with Terraform for the development and deployment of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) templates and modules within a cloud-based deployment model
6. Experience securing Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure running web applications and APIs
7. Strong knowledge of industry trends in cloud security technology
8. Previous experience in complex IT projects
1. Banking or financial services experience
2. Experience in large-scale complex projects from beginning to end
3.Other security certifications (e.g., Security+, AWS SA or Azure Fundamentals, CISSP, CCSP, OSCP, CCNA Security, GSEC, GCED, etc.)
4. Other technical certifications (e.g., CCNA, RHCE, MCSE, etc.)
Other Job Requirements / Working Conditions
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Minimal and up to 10%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.truist.com.