Group Technology Manager – R0068900
Website Truist Financial Corporation
The Group Technology Manager is a tactical, hands-on IT leader who is responsible for administration of one or more technology teams within the EPEO organization. This leader will have a broad understanding across technical systems, including networks, employee devices, policies, overall capability, security, availability and reliability. They normally focus on one domain or area of technology within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
1. Defines short term and long term architecture
2. Publishes best practices and educates ET population on it
3. Responsible for defining training, certification and career path for its members
4. Constantly analyses different technologies and vendors for new or better alternatives
5. Provides implementation and service support of “below the line” Core IT Platform infrastructure with a focus on Production Stability / Uptime
6. Provides continuous Capacity Planning to ensure service demands can be met
7. Manages EOL Evergreening of old equipment to manage technical debt
8. Enables “above the line” self-service abilities and provides support for Squads through automation
9. Provides continuous improvements of service capabilities through efficiencies & optimization – focus on fast, easy, simple at the right cost
10. Maintains Service level monitoring through dashboards
11. Consulting engagements for product squads to enable adaption and DevOps ownership practices: Example: Use of Terraform, or CI/CD onboarding
1. IT Infrastructure build-out and management:
2. Responsible for procurement, installation and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software (includes PCs, peripherals, servers, networking equipment, operating systems and other software
3. Will seek out unmet business needs and propose technology-based solutions where appropriate. Will lead the selection and implementation of these solutions.
4. Will develop, gain approval for and manage a budget to accomplish goals.
5. Will serve on the Company IT Steering Team, which oversees all aspects of the company’s information technology function.
6. Serves as the IT point of contact and accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment.
7. Responsible for local IT vendor, contract and outsourcing management.
8. Responsible for monitoring data backups in offices to ensure that they are completed regularly.
9. Performs appropriate duties associated with project-based activities.
10. Responsible for the identification, development and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
11. Support employee and business software functionality:
12. In cooperation with IT, local operations staff and key users, provide security, strategy, budgeting and disaster recovery/business continuity planning to offices and staff in multiple operating, business and functional units.
13. Serves as the technical and communications liaison to and from stakeholders and office key users for IT communications, initiatives, needs assessments, etc.
14. Provides new staff with PC/account setup and orientation.
15. Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence (server, NAS, network or PC equipment failure), including data backup recovery. Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations in cooperation with the Enterprise Helpdesk and accordance with established SLAs.
16. Provides consulting/training/education services such as data management and staff training/orientation for standard systems.
17. Administration, budget and policy management:
18. Responsible for local inventory maintenance and software license agreements management (SLA’s).
19. Develops and monitors security compliance in accordance with IT standards, policies and procedures.
20. Responsible for maintenance of systems documentation such as IT operations manuals.
21. Other duties as assigned, such as examples:
22. Special project leadership and / or support
23. Management of new vendor relationships for specific initiatives.
24. This job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required and may change at any time.
25. This role is the primary point of communication between the internal IT group and internal and external business partners, users and senior management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree and fifteen to twenty years related experience or equivalent combination.
2. Excellent knowledge of technical management and data governance.
3. Knowledge of current trends in IT hardware and systems software field.
4. Database management skills with the ability to produce reports.
5. Familiarity with the support and troubleshooting of personal computers and tablet devices.
6. Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement robust solutions
7. Interpret guidelines and analyze information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
8. Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through
9. The position requires strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
10. The ability to make commitments and be willing to be held accountable against them, organizing workloads to meet deadlines
11. Exhibit adaptability to accept or bring about change when needed
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills
13. The ability to excel in a team environment and advance overall team objectives
14. The ability to ensure customer satisfaction by delivering excellence in products and service
15. Ability to work and communicate with peers, vendors, internal staff, including software program leadership and others
16. Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude, demeanor and discretion
17. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
18. Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others
19. Fluency in English
20. Financial responsibility may include working within a budget to complete projects, negotiating and contracting with vendors and assisting with budget development
21. Purchase equipment and supplies as provided for in the budget
22. Ability to manage personnel with little supervision
1. Knowledge on Active Directory, Exchange, O365, Azure, Firewalls, Hyper V, VLANs. Solar Winds, MS Office, Redhat, etc. is preferred
2. Training ability and experience is a plus.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequently (25% – 50% of the time)
Up to 25 lbs.
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Up to 25%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.