2023 Leadership Development Program – Technology and Innovation Track – R0065604
Website Truist Financial
2023 Leadership Development Program – Technology and Innovation Track – R0065604
Please review the following job description:
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a comprehensive, structured, broad based rotational financial services immersion program focusing on various topics applicable to the industry including a strong foundation in leadership skills, financial services acumen, strategy, innovation and creativity, data analysis, storytelling, project management, risk governance and assurance, and the Truist organization and culture. Your experience will include exposure to Truist senior leaders, sessions with members of Executive Leadership and track specific curriculum with various rotations spread across the Truist footprint.
The program interweaves the three dimensions of development:
Education: Training and learning in large groups, small group/peer interaction, and self-study components.
Exposure: Opportunity to interact with all Executive Leaders throughout the program, as well as exposure to other senior leaders, lines of business, industry specialists, training experts, and other Truist teammates.
Experience: Business rotations to provide an opportunity for meaningful learning experiences with business impact.
Who We Are:
At Truist, our purpose is to inspire and build better lives and communities. That happens through real care to make things better. To meet client needs, to empower teammates, and to lift up communities. The company offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist is a top 10 U.S. commercial bank with total assets of $545 billion.
At Truist, we’re recruiting catalysts for care. Fire-starters with the energy and ideas to take us further, faster as we deliver on our purpose. So we designed the Leadership Development Program (LDP) with that specific goal in mind.
As a part of this immersive program, you’ll dive headfirst into critical work as you rotate through specific areas of the bank over the course of the year. You’ll also participate in a custom curriculum where you’ll deepen your financial services acumen and have an opportunity to build mission-critical skills in strategy, innovation and creativity, data analysis, project management, and more. Bottom line? We’re talking real work experience combined with custom leadership development and candid conversations with the top leaders at Truist that put you on the fast-track to real impact.
Along the way, you’ll be in good company. Every aspect of our program is designed to help teammates connect, learn from each other, and experience the power of One Team. That way, you’ll leave the program with a built-in network you can call at any time.
Upon graduation, you’ll have an opportunity to secure placement based on business needs, your preference, and performance.
How it Works:
As an applicant, you’ll select from one of three rotational tracks based on your background, interests, and career goals. The three unique tracks within the Leadership Development Program are: Enterprise, Technology and Innovation, and Credit.
This job posting is the Technology and Innovation Program Track
Truist’s Enterprise Technology division is powerfully positioned to bring care to life for our clients through seamless user experiences. Because we believe the future of financial services hinges both on technology and humanity, our Technology and Innovation Program (TIP) delivers a powerful combination of technical skills, leadership development, and enterprise-wide networking in a fun, startup-like environment where participants are encouraged to take risks and ask for help.
As a Technology and Innovation Program (TIP) Analyst, you’ll work on innovative projects and assignments across the line of business, including Software Delivery, Infrastructure, Security, Innovation and Design teams. TIP graduates go on to become invaluable catalysts we need to stay competitive in the marketplace, using their connections, experience, and exposure to fast-track our learning and improve our speed-to-market.
While this job posting is specific to the Technology and Innovation Track of the LDP, the program also offers two additional tracks which have separate job postings and are linked below:
Credit Track: The Credit Track provides a deeper dive into the understanding of core principles of credit, financial & credit analysis, commercial lending, credit risk management, underwriting, relationship management, and more.
Enterprise Track: Through the Enterprise Track, teammates will be exposed to many different areas of the organization, including but not limited to: work related to human resources, marketing, finance, strategy, operations, and more.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job and what you can expect as a participant. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
· Complete all prescribed training satisfactorily prior to the end of the program into appropriate center assignment.
· Complete any additional training as recommended by the manager, either during or after the program.
· Participate in business rotations, working on projects and other business-as-usual activities that allows for the practical application of concepts and behaviors referenced in training and demonstrate results in line with rotational managers’ expectations.
· Perform special projects or assignments outside of the formalized training program, as may be assigned.
Who We Look For:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary for the LDP. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree required, 3.0+ GPA preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong initiative and personal accountability
· Demonstrated leadership through on campus and/or community involvement and/or work experience
· Enthusiasm for a career in financial services
· General knowledge of the financial services industry
· Willingness to travel
· Ability to relocate for the program and locations throughout the Truist footprint upon program completion. Individuals hired into the Enterprise track will be located in Charlotte, NC and in the Technology & Innovation track will be located in Charlotte, Atlanta, or Raleigh for the duration of the training program and rotations.
· Business-related concentrations/degree, along with accounting and/or finance coursework are desired
Technology & Innovation Track:
· Technical Majors preferred: Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, Innovation, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, User Experience, Industrial Design, Architecture, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or related field etc.)
· Knowledge of programming language and technical concepts (for example: proficiency in adobe creative suite of design tools, JAVA, Python, CSS/HTML, Azure, AWS, WCAG etc.)
· Experience participating in technical and/or design projects
How to Apply:
For more information about the Truist Leadership Development Program, please visit careers.truist.com/university-recruiting and contact your career services office to learn about our interviews on campus.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist!
To apply for this job please visit careers.truist.com.