Data Governance Senior Analyst/Project Manager
Website Truist Financial
Financial Services - 6th largest Bank
Job Description Summary Job Description Summary
The Data Governance Senior Analyst supports the enterprise Data Governance strategy to enable business growth while ensuring compliance with risk and regulatory expectations. The position partners with various business and technology stakeholders in support of Enterprise Data Management strategies, policies, standards and control frameworks. The role leverages established and emerging data practices and technologies to achieve data management objectives, while implementing innovative processes and solutions. Specifically, this role will be responsible for facilitating Business Unit and/or Data Domain engagements across the Truist enterprise to ensure operationalization of the Data Governance Program requirements as well as enablement and tracking of key data management and data quality metrics, reports and dashboards
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below.
Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Facilitate engagements and tracking of Business Unit / Data Domain engagements in support of Enterprise Data Management policies, standards and technology. Execute processes and procedures to support data standards and control frameworks.
2. Coordinate and seek input from teams executing data management activities such as data sourcing, metadata management, data quality, data privacy or records management.
3. Assist in data governance efforts that span across platforms and business/technology areas to address enterprise data needs.
4. Support data management risk reporting capabilities by working with business and technology partners to document requirements and create action plans.
5. Perform oversight and inspection of critical data management practices for adherence to established data policies and control frameworks in support of Data Governance Program Execution.
6. Identify areas requiring escalation and work with technology, risk and business partners to triage, track, communicate, mitigate and remediate issues to closure.
7. Support the production of metrics and measures to track progress and adherence, escalating as needed to various committees for visibility and program accountability.
8. Maintain awareness of relevant regulations, industry trends and emerging technologies.
9. Collaborate closely with peer teams to ensure coordination, synergy and seamless overall execution.
10. Identify and advocate for improvements in enterprise data management practices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field, five years of experience in technology, data management, governance, risk or related practice or equivalent education and related training or experience
1. Internal or external consulting experience
2. Prior data management and/or corporate program execution experience is desired.
3. Experience with formalized organizational assessment practices (e.g. Capability Maturity Model), including implementation of recommended improvements
4. Knowledge of data tools and platforms used for managing, storing, querying, testing, loading and transforming data (e.g. SAS, Informatica, Oracle, Teradata) or relevant data certifications (e.g. CIPP, CIPM)