Sr Data Platform Engineer – SAS
Website Truist Financial
Financial Services - 6th largest Bank
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing, building and maintaining data platforms using bare metal infrastructure for running OS and Big data applications. Designs and implements fault tolerant systems (High Availability, Disaster Recovery) and creating a cloud-native enterprise data platform that drives real-time decision-making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Leads efforts related to defining and operationalizing the data platform, and maps relevant use cases for OS and/or Big Data application and developing deployment pipelines for infrastructure, applications, and data. Ensures operational metadata (logs, performance metrics, etc.) are available for diagnostics.
2. Partners with engineers, data scientists, and the data office leadership to define and refine data architecture and technology choices.
3. Drives efforts related to setup of architecture for data and/or Big Data Platforms and distributed systems. Creates automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and build new data pipelines.
4. Takes a new perspective on existing solutions to solve problems of the highest complexity and exercise judgment based on the analysis (e.g. modeling, testing, etc.) of multiple sources of information and make recommendations.
5. Leads larger, more complex data engineering projects and initiatives with significant risks and resource requirements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree and eight years of experience in systems engineering or administration or equivalent education and related training or experience
2. Specialized knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Linux, Unix, Windows Shell Programming, Python, Git, Networking, Storage Systems (HDFS, GPFS)
3. Previous experience in planning and managing IT projects
1. Master’s degree and eight years of experience or equivalent education and related training or experience
2. Banking or financial services experience
3. SAS Development and administration preferred
4. SAS Grid or VIYA experience