Senior Data Architect
Banking and Financial Services
Using knowledge and skill in transactional application data concepts and technology, traditional data warehousing, big data platforms and data virtualization, the data architect will have responsibility for developing designs for the delivery of business views and application integration with the enterprise data environment. Will provide leadership to development team(s) and oversight to contract teams to deliver enterprise business views. Partner with lines of business (LOBs) to understand business needs, and align the data architecture and governance direction to meet those needs. Champion the use of technology to drive efficient, effective data management processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Design business views that seamlessly integrate data in the enterprise reporting mart and enterprise data lake.
2. Develop and use standard design patterns to integrate applications with the enterprise data environment, both ingest and consumption.
3. Provide leadership to development team(s) that deliver business view strategy and roadmap.
4. Provide focus and direction to reduce data redundancy, improve data availability, and improve data quality across all technology and business applications, including data warehousing and transactional applications.
5. Research technology for application within the company to enhance efficiency and value. Build business case for acquiring, integrating and implementing high-value technology and processes for data warehousing, business intelligence and transactional applications.
6. Provide thought leadership in the definition and articulation of data architecture technologies, approaches and design.
7. Establish strong relationships with key technology stakeholders and create convergence by demonstrating credibility, empathy and expertise on business and technical issues.
8. Partner with IT subject-matter experts to find data (resource) sharing opportunities, ensure that data is easily shared across the enterprise and that business personnel have access to data, as required.
9. Help define and establish a data governance process to include enterprise business data governance, business data definition and data conformance that will develop and monitor the governance policies required to ensure data integrity.
10. Assist with establishing a process for the use of data architecture frameworks to include business data management, business intelligence, data quality, and data usage.
11. Participate in architecture reviews of applications as part of the project
lifecycle. Ensure that data governance processes are established and integrated in existing systems as well as in the formation of new and revised systems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field, twelve years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches
2. Ability to derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams, in verbal as well as in written form
3. Strong functional and technical knowledge of information/cyber security capabilities with deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: SQL, Spark, Python, Git, ETL/ELT tools, Data Modeling tools
1. Banking or financial services experience
2. Two+ years of experience using big data technology like Hadoop and Hive.
3. Two+ years of experience leveraging Azure, AWS, Google, IBM or other cloud providers and native tools and capabilities
4. Working knowledge of data virtualization software like Denodo and Composite
5. Working knowledge of AI/ML architectures and data pipelines
6. Sound skills in ETL, EAI, EII, metadata, reference data, data warehousing, transactional/operational data stores, data quality and business intelligence
7. Sound interpersonal and communication skills, business acumen and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse business community
8. Experience in developing using Scaled Agile Framework
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Minimal and up to 10%