Insurance Systems (AIM) Analyst II
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Gather, formulate and define requirements to solve intermediate to complex business problems.
- Provide technical team members and users with assistance solving application related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Analyze requirements, plan and design system conversions using techniques including data mapping validation.
- Plan and execute appropriate testing (e.g. test plans, test cases, and test scripts) to comprehensively test assigned enhancements to business applications.
- Coordinate the installation and application enhancements and/or releases.
- Expand or modify applications to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed vendor applications and how the users in our environment could utilize them.
- Develop, document and revise flow chart’s system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards.
- Review and analyze applications, including performance results, to identify bugs/defects
- Oversee work products of other Systems Analysts and serve as project leaders for small-sized systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology-related field, or equivalent education and related training Six years of experience or equivalent proficiency in application analysis and design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to direct and train other team associates
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- AIM Administration experience a plus
- Insurance knowledge
- Some SQL knowledge
- System Conversion Experience
- Familiarity with Accounting
- Ability to step into a Business Analyst role when needed.