Active Directory Migration Project Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide leadership in managing critical day-to-day program/project elements including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/change management, and value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
2. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among project stakeholders.
3. Manage projects through the project lifecycle. Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution and take corrective action as necessary.
4. Ensure adherence to BB&T Project Office and other applicable Corporate policies and processes.
5. Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies, quality control and continuous improvement.
6. Provide feedback to group managers regarding the work performance of members.
Program Profile – Span of Impact: Corporation; multiple lines of business; Budget impact: $10,000,000 to $100,000,000; Timeline: corporate programs and strategic projects are complex and can range from one year to five years in duration; Program complexity: Medium to Large.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Active Directory Migration Experience is a must**
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or technology-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Six years of project management experience with increasing complexity of projects and level of responsibilities within a professional environment, including eight years of applicable business experience
3. Knowledge in software development lifecycle in an enterprise environment
4. Goal-oriented and action-focused
5. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
6. Objective, transparent, fact-based and value-focused communication style
7. Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
8. Proven ability to direct the efforts of others
1. Has achieved Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and advancing towards Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
3. Three years of financial services-related experience managing large complex enterprise program initiatives