IT Business Analyst II (senior)
6th Largest Bank in America
rovide process, design and analysis support for developing solutions for interfacing business applications. Drive requirements elicitation process for work efforts of all size and complexity. Work in an autonomous capacity to influence collaboration, communication and outcomes of various initiatives. Provide project and portfolio management for smaller projects and business enhancements. Serve as a key liaison between line of business (LOB) and Application Delivery Services (ADS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Partner with lines of business, Enterprise Support Services, Enterprise Project Office and Platform Owners by providing insight into Digital Services contract language, competitive sites, and requirements as related to Digital Services policies, standards, guidelines and in order to optimize the Digital client experience. Support the requirements of auxiliary groups including, but not limited to, Information Technology, Marketing, Compliance, and Legal.
2. Validate initial project assumptions and assist or lead translation of project requirements into specifications and Agile initiatives, features and user stories. Prepare, manage and track project schedules, team staffing needs and budgets, as appropriate. Forecast and direct team member assignments in a highly matrixed organization.
3. Create and execute clear communication plans for implementation and validation of changes made in production. Utilize available tools and department guidelines for providing informal and formal project updates to senior management, stakeholders and core project team members.
4. Prepare and maintain all project documentation including, but not limited to, iteration cadence, iteration backlogs, issues and risks, including mitigation plans, change management, support plans and stakeholder approvals.
5. Perform vendor management during development and implementation sprints. Support platform management and vendor management during request for proposal (RFP) processes.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Business Administration-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Ten years of overall professional experience, including three years of project management experience, preferably in an Agile or Lean organization, and six years of eBusiness or Information Technology experience
3. Agile Project Management experience with Scrum Master Certification
4. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or engagement in a training curriculum towards earning a PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
5. Financial industry experience
6. Skilled in team facilitation
7. Experience using enterprise project management solutions (e.g. Microsoft Project, Agile tools)
8. Experience eliciting business requirements
9. Experience translating business requirements into specifications
10. Experience with vendor relationship management
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
12. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
13. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Business Administration-related field