Software Engineering Senior Test Analyst
6th Largest Bank in America
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Participate in requirement and design reviews.
2. Create, maintain and execute effective testing automation scenarios and cases.
3. Track and monitor defects.
Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues and flaws with detailed steps to reproduce
5. Report testing status via test summary and defect reporting.
6. Support a specific application(s) that may support a specific line of business (LOB), channel or other business function.
7. Subject matter expert from a software testing perspective for application(s) in assigned portfolio.
8. Understand business, functional and technical aspects for applications in assigned portfolio.
9. Understand application landscape for applications in assigned portfolio (e.g. application architecture, physical and logical deployment, interfaces, dependencies).
10. Collaborate with other LOBs, to include Data and Technology Services partners, to ensure software quality.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and related training A minimum of 3 years’ experience testing websites and mobile applications using various web-browsers, and using different mobile devices
A minimum of 1-year experience in SQL Experience with writing detailed and comprehensive test cases and test plans based on high-level requirements
Strong analytical skills – ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the trade-offs.
Working knowledge of test management tools – Selenium
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Working knowledge of QA methodologies and how to apply them in an agile work environment
1. International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundations Certification
2. American Society for Quality Certified Quality Improvement Associate