Sr. Application Developer
Website Truist Bank
- Performs system integration support for all project work. This includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, or using tools such as, but not limited to, Pega, FileNet, WebSphere integration products to configure or generate a solution.
- Conducts robust unit testing and provides support for subsequent release testing.
- Leads and participates in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards.
- Provides escalated support for highly complex applications in production.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- May serve as a Developer (Software Engineer) on an Agile team.
- In an Agile environment: Primarily responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks.
- Leverages continuous engineering practices to deliver business value.
- Actively participates in refining user stories.
- Responsible for development and developing unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing.
- Responsible for providing warranty support and providing knowledge transfer to production support.
- Develops code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Expert knowledge/experience with Content Manager On Demand (CMOD)
- Working knowledge/experience with Content Navigator
- Thorough understanding/usage Java
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Mainframe experience/knowledge a plus!
- Knowledge of specific applications or business segments.
- Application development experience within banking or financial services industry.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures.
- Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies.
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling).
- Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS).
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests.