Lead Infrastructure Engineer – IBM Mainframe CICS, COBOL, CPSM, Sysplex (Open)
Qualified applicants will have very current CICS knowledge, mainframe MQ skills a plus, includes CICS Explorer, Threadsafe, and strong troubleshooting (IPCS, FileAid). Experience with CICSPlex, CICS Web Services, CICS APIs, or TCP/IP sockets is also highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Administer a large CICS Production and Test environment (Sysplex mainframe environment)
- Administer 3rd-party systems software, including CICS system utilities, along with application software development libraries (COBOL, JCL, PROC’s, PARM’s, copybooks)
- Create new and/or modify existing CICS regions in support of new applications or CICS architecture re-engineering initiatives
- Provide problem resolution, including diagnosis and root-cause analysis of CICS application software problems, configuration and/or software-related problems.
- Installation and maintenance of CICS software and third party vendor software to maintain a reliable and stable infrastructure
- 24×7 on-call support for CICSP
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in development or application support or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In- depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.