Software Engineer II, RPA (UiPath)
BB&T and SunTrust have joined to become Truist.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Oversee and participate in development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and escalated support of Truist’s most complex solutions.
2. Development includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, or the use of tools pertinent to the area, project, or system to configure or generate a solution.
3. Ensure adherence to company and industry standards. Provides technical consultation on extremely challenging or unusual situations.
4. Write and run unit tests and provides subsequent support for regression and release testing.
5. Create rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts when automating against new host applications
6. Experience designing and consuming web services, restful APIs
7. Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
8. Interpret internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices.
9. Use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
10. Mentor less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
11. Does not have management responsibilities. This position serves as the technical expert on the team and is often the strongest engineer, answering and solving the most complex, unusual issues, but does not have the skills nor the interest in management.
12. In an Agile environment: Act as an Agile champion. Responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks working directly, and consulting with, the business from the beginning of the design work. Leverage continuous engineering practices to deliver business value regarding effectiveness of the design. Actively participate in refining user stories. Responsible for development and developing unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing. Responsible for providing warranty support and providing knowledge transfer to production support. Develops and demonstrates (demos) code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
13. Partner with Product Management for maintaining a constant state of readiness
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree and four to seven years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experience
· In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practices
· Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
· Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
· Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
· Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
1.Bachelor’s degree and five+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
2. Banking or financial services experience
3. Two+ years engineering or development experience with any of the following UiPath (desired), Blue Prism, Pega Robotics, or AssistEdge.
4. Experience developing Intelligent Automation solutions (e.g. AWS, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), OCR, Structured Data interaction, Cognitive Automation, Chatbots etc.).
5. Deep knowledge in modular based development
6. Deep knowledge and experience with two or more of the following: Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
7. Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
8. Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks
9. Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures
10. Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling)
11. Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS)
12. Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins
13. Experience in architecting and designing automation solutions
14. Working with and coordinating offshore resources
16. Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of technical information regarding technical designs and system requirements to a wide variety of audiences. (I added this as required qualifications does not mention ‘being a good communicator’
17. Ability to effectively communicate technical terms to business and product management stake-holders