Application Developer / Software Engineer
Support a major application or group of related applications within Data and Technology Services (D&TS) as a technical expert.
Job Functions include:
- Leads and performs development efforts such as analysis, design, coding/creating, and testing.
- Participates in testing, implementation, maintenance, and escalated support of Truist’s most complex solutions.
- Development includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, using technologies such as Angular, NodeJS, C# to generate a solution.
- Ensures adherence to company and industry standards.
- Provides technical consultation on extremely challenging or unusual situations.
- Lead/conducts robust unit testing and provides testing support for subsequent release testing.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
- May have people management responsibilities.
- May serve as a Developer (Software Engineer) on an Agile team.
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks.
- Knowledgeable of continuous integration practices, source code management and deployment strategies.
- Actively participates in refining user stories.
- Develops code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience with two or more of the following: Angular, NodeJS, C#.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures.
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins.