Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Coca-Cola Company
ROLE LOCATION: As a global team, we aim to have associates be able to work from anywhere. However, there may be some situations where relocation will be required. The location of the positions and whether or not relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply. All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
In 2009, The Coca-Cola Company introduced the revolutionary Freestyle dispenser. It’s twelve years later and we’ve developed a completely new software stack and new lineup of dispensers and we’re looking for passionate and experienced technicians to help the Freestyle fleet continue to be a best in class offering to our customers and consumers. Open the door of a Freestyle dispenser and you’ll find the latest cloud, web, IoT and embedded technologies directing an orchestra of motors, sensors, and precision pumps to create a virtually unlimited selection of beverages. If you’re inquisitive, ambitious, and excited by REST endpoints that open doors, run compressors and pump fluids then this may be the job for you!
- Computer Science degree or equivalent engineering degree with three years of industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- Fluent in software QA metrics, operations, and statistics
- Experience in developing a test plan, assessing risk, detailing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, shell scripting, and unix command line tools
- Strong working knowledge of Java and, at least, one other software language
- Ability to use backend communication protocols such as APIs and web services
- Experience automating both functional & integration testing of web, Linux, and backend services
- Knowledge of version control systems such as GIT or similar tools
- Experience working in a mixed software and hardware environment
As a Software QA Engineer you will work closely with software development, management, and product owners to deliver and test new features and ongoing platform innovation to ensure the highest quality of the Freestyle fleet of dispensers.
- Work closely with development resources to understand overall design and streamline testing of new features
- Define test coverage, develop test plans, create and maintain test cases, execute both manual and automated functional and performance tests
- Analyze logs and stack traces to assist development resources in defect debugging
- Leverage and enhance existing test tools to automate testing of physical dispensers
- Provide support for innovation projects and engineering prototypes
- Grow to be the subject matter expert of the software and dispenser functionality
To apply for this job please visit careers.coca-colacompany.com.