Now it's all on us!
This is an opportunity for an entry level candidate to join an exciting growing company. We are looking for a person that is passionate about data and application development to design, develop and manage monthly client data transformation processes. The ideal candidate is a resourceful and innovative SQL developer with versatility to support other IT needs for a small and growing company. Ultimately, the role of the data analyst is to build high-quality, innovative data transformation utilities that comply with coding standards and technical design. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to work on a broad spectrum of projects and systems and grow/develop new skills in IT, Data, and Application Development.
The data analyst’s responsibilities in support of new and existing clients include:
- Analyzing client raw data files (received on a monthly reoccurring basis)
- Interpreting the data
- Determining how to transform the raw data into useable tax reporting outputs
- Automating the transformation process
- Documenting user instructions
Key functional areas include:
1. Support client data transformation projects
- Work cross-functionally to convert business needs into technical specifications
- Layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions for client data transformation activities (raw data receipt to output on tax return)
- MySQL databases/tables in AWS environment
- Well-designed, testable code
- Queries and/or middleware processes to transform data into output formats that can be utilized by end users and imported into sales tax compliance software
- ETL processes and/or develop scripts/code for efficient and accurate processing to automate the end to end client data process
- Troubleshoot and manage issues with client data
- Enhance existing client and TaxConnex data routines
- Quality Control
- Develop data verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Sales tax data processing instructions for end users to manage
- Document data, transformations, and outputs (technical and user focused)
2. Business Intelligence
- Assist in building a business intelligence platform
- Assist in building and maintaining business dashboards to:
- Monitor and manage daily operations
- Support business decision making
- Develop and manager customer satisfaction survey and measurement methodology
3. Application development – This position can grow and evolve to incorporate both data analytics and application development. This is an opportunity to learn, not required for the role.
- Work with the Senior Engineer/development lead for an internal system built on a LAMP stack.
- Build and manage intranet (Sharepoint) site
- Opportunities to grow in Software Development:
- Layout, design and coding of systems with PHP 7.
- Develop knowledge of web application development using the PHP programming language with PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter) and MySQL databases.
- Develop ability in Ext JS (Java Script framework) and ability to learn to code in java script
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Required experience in SQL database/data technologies (MySQL preferred)
- Required experience in advanced Excel (Visual Basic preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or understanding of other visualization tools to translate into Power BI
- Preferred experience in Python w/Pandas
- A strong “client-first” mentality; Willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what is necessary to grow and delight customers
- Proactive with a high sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical reasoning/mathematical with the ability to learn, process information, and solve problems
- Communicates thoughts clearly and effectively, verbally and written
- Develops trust
- Teamwork – Develops and fosters effective relationships within and across teams to achieve results in an environment of mutual respect