Director or Sr. Director Production and Incident Operations
Direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of business application systems to support the business units operational objectives. Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology and business unit projects, on an enterprise level. Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Provides management oversight and direction for two or more inter-related functional areas of IT (e.g. applications, infrastructure, governance and compliance) for a wide range of activities. Actively participates with the top IT Executives to establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department. Analyzes the needs of different business units and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing an IT strategy and the related activities needed to execute. Directs the planning and coordinating of activities pertaining to technology and business unit projects on an enterprise level. Ensure the overall alignment of the IT activities to the business needs and advises the business on their overall goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate has the ability to designs no build a best in class 24×7 production and incident management operating model. This includes the ability to oversee 3rd party resources, leverage industry standards such as ITIL to reengineer processes, technology toolsets and automation to provide scale and efficiency. This is a hands-on leader that can build and communicate a vision and strategy while being engaged in the day to day operations necessary to bring that model to life. The highly technical and process expert applicant should also have a strong background in building high performing teams through individual development plans, elevating junior leaders and individual contribution levels, actively recruiting and serving as a well connected Synovus Technology brand ambassador in the footprint.
- Partner with the CIO, CTO, business unit leaders, external partners and suppliers to leverage technology to enhance business operations.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system request; ensure plans support both strategic and near-term needs.
- Implement business system plans; direct the development, release, and maintenance of company business application and process control systems.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and senior company management to define service levels.
- Lead strategic decisions regarding the assigned IT function. Lead teams that implement and manage those initiatives within assigned area with complete autonomy and accountability for results.
- Stay abreast of industry, regulatory and company changes or trends as it relates to financial services, information management, information security, technological standards and trends, and IT efficiencies; proactively assess the present and future impact to the enterprise and supported business units is conducted; work with key stakeholders to develop and execute a business contingency plan that provides for prompt, efficient and seamless responses, to include strong communication and action plans that assures the company remains in compliance. Keep the assigned executives informed.
- Defines and communicates application architecture.
- As a leader within IT with responsibilities over the assigned IT Business Support function, the ability to inspire commitment across the unit is critical; this includes but is not limited to: developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one’s perspectives and initiatives; building diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational change, goals, and priorities; ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways; serve as an advocate for proactive planning and continuous improvement; set and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and accepts accountability; ensure leadership with the organization do the same.
- Promote ethics and compliance; build and sustain an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identify opportunities and take action to enhance compliance within own organization. Ensure enterprise leaders receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures. Promote reputation and social responsibility; seek out and maintain external relationships and alliances, strengthening the organization’s impact on and reputation in the community.
- Oversee the functional activities of the assigned IT functions. Create teams for facilitating effective communication of available skills, information, and knowledge throughout the enterprise. Analyze enterprise program requirements and anticipate staffing resources needed to meet objectives. Provide leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Work with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues. Develop and aquire talent.
- If the incumbent has been identified as a Risk liaison by Synovus Risk, incumbent will be Risk Liaison between the business unit (BU) leader(s) and the functional risk areas, responsible for communicating and promoting the understanding of risk management and compliance requirements within the BU, informing the business line executive of material changes in risk or control breakdown deficiencies, and communicating self-testing results, breach of KRI’s and loss/near miss incidents to the appropriate risk function in a timely manner. Participates in BU risk assessment activities and verifies that ongoing risk triggers and policy exceptions are tracked and reported appropriately. Monitors the business unit’s resolution of internal and external issues and exam findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Fifteen (15) years of IT and business/industry work experience to include the development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated Database Management Systems and Applications across multiple hardware and software platforms. Five (5) years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams or projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the industry’s standard business practices, products, and services.
- Knowledge of information system development strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute large-scale projects.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and persuade business unit leaders.
- Ability to analyze project and business needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org